Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliff

A better way of capturing and saving screen shots?

Guest cliff

I normally hit "Print Screen" then open and save in JPEG with Microsoft's "Photo Editor"When I later send that picture by e-mail it appears more coarse and less detailed than the photos I see on our Forum.Is there a better way of capturing and saving?Cliff

I use a terrific tool from www.gadwin.comNo mess, no fuss, JUST PRESS!! and you can save it in several different formats. :-)Regards,Dr. Jinesh Thomas

Guest P3_Super_Bee

FS-Design-Berlin's screenshot manager is the program of choice for me. 1, Easy to use...press 'print screen' & forget2. ability to save in .jpg format to begin with.3. save to folder of your choice.4. ability to preview/delete from with in program.5. saves in screen resolution.And hey they have some pretty awesome C-47's, DC-4's as well as other older style aircraft too.http://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/berli...r/downtool.html:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2fs.jpg

Guest sgreenwood

I also use this combination.>have u tried Fsscreen? >You can find it in the library.. This program saves the file in bmp format. These are relatively large files, but preserve all the quality of the original. And image quality was the point of the original post. >Photoshop og paintshop is excellent programs to save and >compress the files.. I agree. Processing the image after it has been saved gives us more control over the final quality. For example, Paintshop, and other editors, give us control over how much compression is used to create the jpg file, which has a considerable impact on image quality.Tip: If you need to reduce the size of the image, resize in a series of small increments, not all in one step. Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

Guest cliff

Thanks fellows. You've given me all I wanted and I appreciate your help.Cliff

Guest Paul_W

I frequently use Print Scrn to capture images, then I open them in Paintshop Pro, get rid of the bits around the edge that I don't want, and re-save them as jpg files--and I've never noticed any serious issue with the quality unless I'm dealing with a black and white chart or graph. In my version of PSP, which is 6.02, there's an options button on the File, Save As dialog box, that (when the file type to be saved is selected as jpg from the list of available types) allows the compression level to be controlled. I've noticed that just a small change in that level can make a significant change to the size of the final file. Anyway, the way that feature is set up it's easy to miss it and to just save a jpg file according to the last setting used for the compression.I've saved many publicly available images from the Web--photos from the Air Force gallery for example--just by hitting Print Scrn. I've used many in my Windows XP slideshow screensaver, and they fill my 17-inch screen with no noticeable deterioration in the original image quality.

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Paul,>I've saved many publicly available images from the Web--photos from the >Air Force gallery for example--just by hitting Print ScrnWith Netscape (and I assume most browsers) you can Right-Click on those images, then "Save Image As ..." from the pop-up context menu to save the image file. No further processing, and this approach can save images larger than the screen.Regards,Steve

Guest Paul_W

>With Netscape (and I assume most browsers) you can >Right-Click on those images, then "Save Image As ..." from >the pop-up context menu to save the image file. No further >processing, and this approach can save images larger than >the screen. Sure, I use that method too, but there are certain times when I find a quick Print Scrn operation followed by a bit of editing to be especially helpful.One little technique I sometimes use is to save a jpg image of the screen, then open it in the Windows XP Windows and Fax Viewer and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in incrementally. When zooming in PSP I believe the only option is to double the size of the image, but in the XP Viewer I can zoom in a bit at a time, then when I have just the part of the image I want I can just hit Print Scrn and re-save that portion. I've produced many good images that way.

Actually since he is using XP it should have the option of when you run your cursor over the pic, a save box will show and you just click on it to save, no right clicking. I use Martin Wrights MULTIGRAB http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm it let you capture up to a 100 pics while playing and it has extreme compression with little loss of quality, works fantastic for me.Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest cliff

Hey, what fantastic comment!As I wanted to get an idea of whether I should stick to the method I know I have just tried to post a photo for your comment.I paused the flight, hit Print Screen, opened it in Microsoft's Photo Editor and saved it in jpeg to My Pictures.I've never sent an attachment to the Forum so I then typed the path in the "Click here to choose your file" box and hope for the best. (C:/my documents/my pictures/The Marchetti over Emma's Filed.jpg)But nothing happened.With my best wishes to all of you!Cliff