Sign in to follow this  

Who am I ??

Anyone know of a programme that would let me puta small number plaque on a GA dashboard??As an elderly idiot I tend to forget the i.d. of the aircraftI am flying and ignore ATC`s instructions to me, thinkingthey are talking to someone else :-((Many thanksGeorgeOh yes - before you say it _ I am using "Stick-it" noteson the monitor but a programme would be so much better

Hello George,Arne Bartels posted the following quite some time ago:If you want to display the ATC Number in your panel, try this xml-gauge:Registration.xml:%((A:atc id, string))%!s!%%ATC IDArne BartelsEFSC member You may want to give it a try.Best regards.Luis

Thanks George, your post gave me a good laugh for the morning. :-)

Guest Ken Meier

Hey George,There is a gauge on the new Baron 58 panel by Ian Grant found here in the library baronpnl_ig.zipThe panel uses mostly default gauges, but Ian has programed one that does exactly what you need. It is gauge26=Baron_IG!Registration. The small pic below shows it in place. You can size it and place it where ever you want on any panel. The number changes based on what call letters you have given the plane.If your not into editing panels this may not help you much. I will be glad to instruct you if you need any help.While I'm at it let me say the entire panel is excellent.K

Thanks Guys.......as usual Avsim Forum Contributors came up trumpsand it looks like I`m gonna be doing what I`m told from now on.(at least when I`m flying that is)To Luis - Many thanks for your helpTo Scott - I`m pleased I gave you a laugh `cos in these days of bad news they don`t come so often, do theyTo Ken - I`ll download the panel you mention but as I said originally, I am an elderly idiot and would appreciate a bit of hand-holding, so any further instructions would be welcome. Don`t know if I`m breaking Forum Rules&Regs BUT if you care to write direct my address isgeorge@kelso.worldonline.co.uk.Thanks again guysGeorge

Guest Ken Meier

A long time ago someone was kind enough to post on this forum how to edit a panel, I hope this helps others. The instructions below is the long method. The easy way is to use the excellent program Config Edit http://www.cfgedit.com/index-cfgedit.html it works great for standard gauges, but you need to purchase the commercial product http://www.fspanelstudio.com to place XML gauges like the one I suggested to George. The method below will work for most any gauge and panelFirst make a copy of the panel.cfg files before you edit, just in case. 1. Make sure the gauge you are adding is installed to the main gauges folder of FS2. Open the panel.cfg of the panel that has the gauge with notepad, scroll to it; example: gauge26=Baron_IG!Registration, 689,289,59,123. Highlight the entire line, right click & choose copy.4. The 4 numbers separated by commas tell FS where to place the gauge on the panel.This is what the numbers mean; The first (629) is the location on the panel horizontally, the second (289) is for vertical, the third (59) is the size of the gauge horz, and the forth (12) is the size of the gauge vert. It is not always necessary to have a fourth number, as the gauge will default to the proportional size on most gauges5. The chances that the numbers used on the original panel will work on another plane are very slim so you will need to change them for each panel you want this installed. There MUST be a comma between each number 6. Now open the panel.cfg with notepad of the plane to install and scroll to the bottom of the list of gauges in {Window00}, right click and choose paste. You can choose to just type it, but there is a greater chance for error. All must be just right or it will not work.

George,I found a gauge that does what you want. The only problem is that it is part of a panel from F. Sanchez-Castaner's ATR 42-500. You can find it here at AVSIM as FSC_ATR42500_V10.zip. The gauge is FSC.ATR.FL!nnumber. I tried it in another panel and it works fine. You just have to size it for your panel or use a panel program like FS Panel Studio. Also it is brown in color so we are stuck with that. I hope this helps.maxsdad

Thanks maxsdad - I`ll look it up and give it a try George

Hi, I'm the one who made that gauge, based on Arne Bartel's advice.Please let me know if you need help customizing that gauge, changing colour is a 2 minutes job, with the proper tools (xml notepad by MS and a cab packager, both available free).Pacosailplane.jpgStultorum numerus infinitus est.

Paco,You are a real gentleman. When I saw your name here I thought you were going to yell at me for pointing out your gauge. I love your ATR-500/panel combo.maxsdad

Hi again,I just uploaded a small gauge that will display the ATC ID once installed in the panel. I hope it works, I haven't been able to test it, as I'm away from home and using a laptop with no FS installed.Pacosailplane.jpgStultorum numerus infinitus est.

Can you give the correct name of this file Paco, please`cos cos I`ve tried ATC ID (pages and pages and Pages....0tried paco etc etc but can`t find itGeorge

Hi,atc_id.zip is the name. It takes a little while for the files to be available at the library. I've jsut checked and it's already there. For some reason my name has been truncated, it only says "Francisco".Pacosailplane.jpgStultorum numerus infinitus est.

Thanks Paco - I`ve got it now and will get to it pretty soon#George