Sign in to follow this  

Active Sky OAT/TAT Question

AlexHI started using Active Sky a few days ago. I noticed I get extremely low OAT and TAT readings on FS2002 using the default Learjet and 737 and the Dreamfleet 737. For example at FL300 the FS temperature will be in the minus 80c range, but the FD report in Active Sky shows an air temperature in the minus 40's. When I use the FS real weather option I get normal OAT and TAT values. Any ideas on why I get the low temperatures using Active Sky?

Try updating to the latest version of FSUIPC 2.92, either delete your FSUIPC.ini or hit the default buttons on the FSUIPC General page to see if it clears your problems.

Guest RiddlePilot

I have this exact problem. I just emailed the author and hopefully he'll be able to help us out. I tried the resetting FSUIPC and deleting the .ini files to no avail. I'll keep you posted.

Guest captbulldog

I got -120C at FL370, crossing North Atlantic at night, BTW.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

-120C is far too unrealistic.

Since the discussion come about OAT/TAT, I would like to know how's the temperature up there say 35,000 feet? I download real weather from default FS and I get about -22 degrees celcious which is too warm? I remember on my Qantas flight at 11,000 it's already 1 degrees celcious? -120 degrees celcious! Wouldn't that make your GS very very slow?

Hi guys, it's a verified bug that will be fixed in the next version ;)-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest RiddlePilot

Awesome, then disregard my email. Since you spilled the beans on the new version, when can we expect it.

Hi guys,These prompted me to think that, have FS got temperature and speed relations all wrong? It's right that when temperature is lower, groundspeed is also lower. I am not sure about this, but -25 degrees celcious at FL390 in FS from downloaded real weather is a bit in correct? While -120 is definately unrealistic but it can't be so warm at -25 too? But the GS in this case in FS is right, but when you have a more realistic figure of -44 at FL 390, GS drops to an unrealistic number. What I think is GS at -25 in FS should belong to the -44 range.Anyone?Just my 2 cents.alvin

AlexHIf the -25c refers to TAT (Total Air Temperature), this might be correct. TAT is not the ambient or actual air temp, it is based on several differnet inputs. It is always a higher (warmer) then OAT (Outside Air Temp). If you use the Learjet at the the same altitide, speed and weather you will see it uses OAT and it matches the actual air temp.

Thanks Alex. Anyway to read OAT? Most panels only provide TAT.Cheers!