Sign in to follow this  

Easy method for replacing default AI textures and airli

I'm not looking for super-accuracy or anything, but I'd like to replace the AI commercial flights with real world airline textures and airline names. I don't mind which terminal they go to or which planes they fly, I just don't want to see the bogus airline liveries and hear their callsigns.Is there an easy method to make this switch? I don't think I'm ready to make the jump to actually changing the AI flights, destinations, etc. Just a texture/callsign swap.Thanks for any assistance

www.projectai.comBased on what I read here I thought it would be tough and filled with problems. Not so at all. Install the base installer, install Air France and Olympic (they have fixes for the installer I guess) then install any airlines you wish.There might be a few "Landmark" airline calls as the Cessna Caravan has that as one of the liverys...you can easily edit that out though.Worked great for me! Now my airports are filled with United, Southwest, Delta, US Air etc. Here's hoping they do a Continental, American and Alaska pack soon!

Thank you. I've seen some people have had problems but what they hey. If something goes wrong my FS2k2 is due for a reinstall anyway! :)

This is not the easiest way, but, I've manually installed all the aircraft from PAI, and a lot of the unofficial repaints as well. Then I use AI traffic mover http://www.molitor-home.de/fs/aitm/index.html to shuffle the aircraft. I'm still using the default traffic.bgl file, and am quite happy with the results. Some people are into real flight time schedules, but I could care less. I've found if you alter the original traffic.bgl file, you could now have too many aircraft at any one particular airport. I guess you could edit each airport to create more parking etc, but I much rather fly, then edit airports. Adding aircraft manually is a big enough task, which is why, this is not the easiest way to change AI. I guess, I'm a little leery about auto installers... To each is own.. Bottom line, do what best meets your needs. The great thing about this hobby, is you can tweak , tweak and then tweak the game just the way you want it...

If you want to replace the stock AI then just take your repaints and drop them into the texture folders...once again, the ATC calls them by originial names, but those can be fixed...I reccomend Cas Stephen's Default repaint packages available here in the file library...those update the ATC, as well...so they get called correctly...S!Ridge