Sign in to follow this  

Multiple Monitors

Hi All;Well, I was away from simming for a few months (even my login expired :)), and I tried to use my second monitor last night to display my FSNav. Problem is; I can't get my mouse cursor to move from my main monitor up to the secondary. I know it worked before, because my FSNav still goes to the secondary display when undocked. Am I missing something obvious here? The second monitor accesses fine when FS2002 is shut down.Help cure my brain f@rt. :-zhelp

What you have to do to gain access is to open a panel (like throttle quadrant, radio stack, or GPS etc). Right click and select undock. Then drag that window to the second monitor. Now you'll be able to access the second monitor for the rest of the flight :)

DOH!!! I knew it was something simple. :-lol Thanks.

Jerry,There is a glitch in FS2002 that prevents this but the get-around is quite easy without having to undock panels. This is primarily for those who run in full-screen mode.Load FS2002 and seelct Options / Settings / Hardware. You should see a drop-down box that has three entries something like this...Primary DisplayGeForce ... Display1Geforce... Display2.Rather than Primary Display choose Display1 and you'll find you can move the mouse to the secondary screen without any problems.Hope that helps,Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray, that's a good tip! I will have to try that out.

Thanks Ray, I'll try that, but last night it only had the primary, and Geforce listed. I'm using an old STB card for the secondary. I'll try selecting the Geforce though and see if it works.

Hi Jerry,THings may be slightly different if you use a AGP/PCI combo. I'm using a Ti4600 which can support dual-displays and the options are as I described.Anyway, report back on how you get on.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather