Sign in to follow this  
brucek

KCOS AFCAD Now Available

Guest Joshieca

Just a shameless plug here...I recently flew into KCOS (Colorado Springs) airport and I thought what a horrible job MS did on this airport. This airport is great. It was two runways of more than 11Kft. long, one of which is over 2.5 miles, longest in the state of Colorado. Boeing often does high altitude tests out of this airport due to the fact that its elevation is over 6,000ft. Anyho, if anyone is interested you can download my AFCAD file here.http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?C...afcd&DLID=21382Thanks...josh[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

Hi Josh,I must d/l this, thanks for producing it.I fly a C172 out of Jeffco (BJC), and like the route to COS as I can log cross-country time (> 50nm), and it's in Class C airspace, so I get to be vectored by "Springs Approach" as well- not to mention the need for a VFR departure clearance.I'm not sure if you mean flying in as a pax or pilot. Runway 17R / 35L is currently under construction (was a month ago), and is reduced in length by 5,000' (it's kind of wierd flying an approach over working construction equipment). Thanks again,Bruce.