Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

No soap operas

I have to agree with Paul and Bob, two senior members here. We have seen this I'm leaving stuff before and it gets tiring.I appreciate your freeware offerings, they really are great works and I will cherish them for many years to come, but please at least place these ramblings in the appropriate forum.ThanksSteveCYYZ

Guest Paul_W

Thank you John. I appreciate your response.

Beaucoup.. (if that is the right spelling..)Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]-----[A HREF=http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johd]Unofficial PSS Website[/A]

What can I say? :-wave :~P :-eek :-grr :-( :-beerchug ;(8 :-xxrotflmaoSeriously, all the best Alpha, take care and god bless. :-wavePS: I wonder who's next to be :-spacecraft

Guest SoarPics

Difficult to take "resignations" seriously when the resignees continue to post their "good-byes".Just more soap opera.Another life lesson: There will always be incoming talent to replace the outgoing talent. It is all dynamic.Kindest regards, Alpha

I suppose then I'm the "bottom feeder"....done a search in the library on "Bernstein" lately? I'd certainly be willing to compare my contributions to anyones if that is really what you are alluding to....is it? Check the scenery forum and tb forum for my efforts to help others, if that's what you are alluding to....is it? You may ask around and see if I've had any role at all in inventing design processes that now appear on a regular basis, if that's what you are alluding to....is it? You are way wrong on this one...the main contributors critical of Mike and Alpha are mainstream. Perhaps you were just trying to be comforting and friendly with someone you like, and you just couldn't think of valid terms to put that in, so you used the terms others are using?Aniette's response was more than simply supportive, as thou she were equally threatened by my notice that Mike's pattern was simply repeating over again. We now have identified his pattern: Last time it was someone being rude regarding his airplanes, this time someone is rude regarding his website...each time he reaches out for his deference, and if anyone objects...he threatens resignation hoping to be cajoled back. I don't remember the first one...but after a pattern repeats, it becomes about the pattern, not about the substance of a given instance.By calling me an "idiot", Alpha indicated how unable she was to accept this possibility....and there's a good reason for her NOT to accept my idea, cuz she's doing it herself.B

You know, I'm just as much of a contributor as you are, Bob. That doesn't make us special, or give us license to bash. As for your comment:"Perhaps you were just trying to be comforting and friendly with someone you like, and you just couldn't think of valid terms to put that in, so you used the terms others are using?"I don't know what you are trying to suggest...please expand....and choose your words carefully, since I perceive a veiled suggestion in your words.Hell, as far as I'm concerned, you just portray yourself exactly as Anniette describes.I need to add Bob, if you want a fair discussion of this, please show me the text of what Tom wrote to Mike. My comments on the thread were clear, and I feel as neutral and fair as possible under the circumstances, and given the emotions involved. I envy those who live on the planet Vulcan and can maintain a higher standard.... :)And Anniette...you started a very emotional thread, and dropped out of it..... I'm beginning to eat some of my own words in support of you.... Why don't you rise to the defense of those trying to explain away what was admittedly a post meant to single out specific people, rather than an attitude...

Well John, hardly the response I expected from you. Yes I appreciate your contribution, and you seem to be unappreciative of mine....I don't really care what you think about me, my point was that I certainly don't represent the following:<>I NEVER attacked anyone, I've stated I'm tired of the tearful goodby scenerio and subsequent bashing by "supporters of the resignee" that replays on a monthly basis. The easiest way to put people down is to group them and then castigate them with slurs, as you did just now. You've name called, and asserted that people not agreeing with Alpha are unworthy, and to say that these ""bottom feeders" will trash some other contributor" clearly makes the case that you believe the folks that disagree with Alpha do NOT contribute. You can think whatever you want....I assert no interest in adjulation or deference, but if you claim I'm not a contributor I would request you research your facts....and if I were you I'd retract that insinuation. Of course, you've read too many of my posts in design to even pretend to be confused, you just don't like me apparently and your enjoying a rare opportunity to play troll, eh?

One more edit....I've searched the furthest recesses of my sleep starved brain, and can't remember having a dispute about anything with you Bob. Perhaps this serves as one more example about how these threads do get out of hand.... So I'm leaving with my tail between my legs and my apologies to all (the thread that is, not the forum).

That sure is what I have observed. I bet Mike has also. They are not the first and they will not be the last. I don't see what all of the discussion is about. Mike said he quits, Alpha said she quits. I didn't see any "unless" mentioned by either. I must assume they are gone. However, past history would indicate otherwise.We wish them well in the opportunities they are seeking in other areas. Good Luck,Boba.k.a "idoit SamBob" by several. Your perception is your reality.I don't understand why that was allowed to stand. I guess the old special rules for special people kicked in. I think most members would have been booted. It was the first time I had read such a direct insult and I have been reading this forum much longer then most.I have to go see if my puppy is still on the website. Certainly they would not get upset and pitch out my puppy, would they?

I like landclass assitant, and I get a few thank you for my work, I probably get more thank you notes than I write...so I have no bone to pick with that side of things.participation in these threads is sometimes like a vacuum....before you know it your in the midst of it. a more fun thing to do would be to redo the lm version of my source photo for my current project, I don't like an odd violet hue that seems to be present. I think its cuz I based some of the image on screen shots of default which seems to cast an odd factor onto the color. Thanks partly to your work and Orlando's, its now clear that using the default textures directly will remove that tint...so on I go.Cheersbob (aka "bottom feeder"....couldn't resist....)

See my edited post Bob... My apologies. I was bugged by what both Mike and Anniette wrote, and I let it get the best of me. Their "hit and run" style of opening both threads, and not backing up those like myself who make *ss*s of themselves defending them, perhaps means that their perception of "idiot" isn't the same as Webster's....

Guest N247BK

To Anniette,I sincerely hope I will have a chance to see some of your non-flightsim art works, because you are a superb "painter" of airplanes.If you feel you must move on to other challenges, then I fully understand. I, too, feel this need sometimes. But, please be careful that you select a challenge that helps other people. I say this because I know helping people is truly your passion.It is mine, too; and, that is why I do the thing I love most every day. Please send me some "snaps" of some of your work. I would love to see them and learn from a true artist.

Guest eko

You know what, I don't really mind soap operas too much, it sure beats the crap out of the many posts that are pretty dull around here (yes, read the directions first, then come for help on how to install that panel). At the very least, it gives me something to do on a boring Friday afternoon.Maybe I don't tire of it, or it's in my nature, but I always like to lend my support to those whom I don't want to see go, or feel down and out. So this is the umpteenth time they have decided to "leave". Ok... I'll post my umpteenth "please stick around" post. Some folks maybe do need those kinds of words of encouragement, and I, for one, am always happy to give them.So, I'm sorry if my response was "exactly what was expected" to some of you. Now, at least, you will always know what I am going to say. :-) I guess I'm just the kind of person who likes to help people up when they have fallen down. Even if they are doing it just to get attention. At that point, I'm helping them up by giving them the attention they need, not necessarily the physical boost.Call me a softhearted bloke (and no, I'm not a social worker!), but it's the way I like to conduct myself.There are two possible outcomes to every disagreement/confrontation/conflict: resolution or intensification. I always go for the first one, by any means necessary. Sometimes it's kind words, sometimes it's silence, sometimes it's a well thought out intelligent rebuttal. I've never seen a "here you go again" or "shut up already with the same sob story" response leading to a resolution or dissapation of tension. Neither online, nor in real life. Those of you with wives should have first hand knowledge of this! :-)Ok... enough bathroom philosophy... only so much I can take myself. :-)

I can't see why in the hell everyone couldn't have just said, "Good Bye Mike and Good Bye Anniette! Best of luck!", and walked away. Instead, it AGAIN has turned into a freakin' war amongst people who USUALLY get along fine. I told you guys....if you need something to do, I'll give you some projects! LOL! Let this stuff die already and let's go on. Neither side wins and it creates internal termoil and friction for NO reason. This thread is another one that needs to be locked AGAIN. Don