Sign in to follow this  
Guest ssurjap

Which do you prefer? Night or Day

Guest obk

I already have the yellow pack, and have tried the white one, but there still not as bright as in them screenshots!

I like DAY VFR flying, but NIGHT IFR.The best would be leaving an airport during the day, turn through dusk to night, and shooting an approach with night lights. There's just something about not seeing the ground as you grow undeniably closer to it in a fast moving multi-ton (simulated) aircraft - it's a little rush. Not to mention the twinkle of other aircraft in the area. FSW Night Lights w/ White Cities (AMAZING! GET THEM NOW!) FSW Gold Runway Lights (Quite realistic looking, imho) Real Stars freeware (More stars! I can make out constellations [sic])Real Moon freeware (No more beach ball moon)(unsure of the actual names of the last two)

I posted those shot's because of your "yellow smudge" post, and I was thinking------- "that's not what I see!".In fact, the second pic with the Archer is a saved flight up around Anchorage, Alaska. It blow's me away how good it looks, everytime I run the flight!Athlon1900XPGeforce3Ti500512DDRram22"monitor 1600*1200*32FSW night textures

Yeah, those shots show it all. Great. Have 'em also. That's what nite flyin' is about. :D

Guest obk

My computer is not quite up to those standards! I guess its the mighty fine resolution you run the game at too which counts!

Guest RobK

I usually fly in real time. However, if I am in the mood to check out the scenery then I will set the time to late afternoon. I really like the way everything looks during the sunset.Rob

Guest Joshieca

I got so caught up in learning how all the ILS systems works that I forgot to take time out and enjoy the sim.I made my first night time landing in a B757...it was a thing of beauty. I dimmed the lights in the room....loaded the sim with the FSW night lights (the orange city lights) and just flew....I got so caught up with watching the city lights go by that I didn't even realize that almost two hours had elapsed. I didn't even have to speed up the sim this time. I just watched the night lights and the stars shimmer and twinkle. It was great.:)

Guest ssurjap

I don't mind flying in both day and night, although I prefer flying during the day. Like someone else has said, I like to look around and see the scenery textures. Granted it's "generic" in FS2002, but I like it.