Sign in to follow this  

Saab 340 by FFG, virtual cockpit out in space..

Guest DaveKDEN

You can adjust the eyepoint forward by modifying the aircraft.cfg file, however, I think it needs more adjusting than can be done in the aircraft.cfg file alone. The rough eyepoint is defined in the .mdl file, then fine tuned using the eyepoint section (of said aircraft.cfg file). I imagine the eyepoint will be adjusted with further developement of the FFG model (as it's a beta file now).Dave

Actually I dont think it was meant as a virtual cockpit as much as a virtual cabin. The cockpit panel is distorted and not very detailed. ActiveCamera will get you up there into the cockpit but its not much fun to fly from.Cas

This is an FSDS model, and optimization of a virtual cabin for use in FS2002 is just too difficult without GMAX. So, I don't think this was ever intended as a virtual cabin. For some reason, in my Saab, there is a basic virtual cabin view, but it isn't intended to eb flown from.

That's a pretty cool lemonade stand you have there.. :D

Guest RiddlePilot

Run by the headless horsem....I mean pilot.

Gmax has nothing to do with the way a Virtual cockpit looks. It has everything to do with the way the throttles and everything operates.Cas

Let me take that back. The Commander shots from FSD I've seen look pretty damn good for an FSDS model. So it doesn't have reflective textures. Big woop!Edit- So FSD Cheyenne is FSDS http://www.fsd-international.com/projects/...ne.htm#gallery3Looks pretty damn good to me!So what if Miko's early Cessna't were fsds with virtual cockpits. Oh sorry it's no good because it isn't Gmax! Sheesh.Im getting tired of this Gmax vs FSDS debate.Think and investigate before inserting foot.CasMaxview

>Gmax has nothing to do with the way a Virtual cockpit looks. >It has everything to do with the way the throttles and >everything operates. >>Cas The operative was 'OPTIMIZATION...' :-scatter