Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

WOW!: Boeing unveils Bird of Prey stealth technology...

Wow... Check out this next-gen stealth platform just unveiled by Boeing:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3db0a7ae2537638c.jpgYou can find more info (including hi-res pics and some videos) on this new stealth platform tester in Boeing's news release:http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2002/q4/nr_021018m.htmlAs well as an article on the bird and its technology at Popular Science:http://www.popsci.com/popsci/aviation/arti...,365576,00.htmlSo, who's going to model this bad boy in gMax? And how is it ever going to fly using FS dynamics?! heh.Conspiracy theorists unite: The Klingons are coming! The Klingons are coming! :-lolTake care,Elrond"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."Visit www.Boycott-RIAA.com] today and inform yourself![/font

Great minds think alike? I don't know what motivated me to do it, but for the first time in months today I logged on to Popular Science, and read about the Bird of Prey. Then your post...I can see the aircraft designers lining up for this one :)

Guest DaveKDEN

HOLY COW!!!!Ya know, I've been getting AvWeek for nearly 20 years now. To date, this is the first time I've been surpirsed by a new design. What a remarkable machine!DaveEdit; Makes you wonder what kind of neat 'toys' the USAF has in it's inventory that the general populace doesn't have a clue about.

I can't help but wonder just who or what nations these type of advanced technological machines are meant to be used against - now that the USSR is finished , there is no-one else who has any tecnology even approaching stuff like this.I read an interesting article the other day that compared the Roman Empire to the current US Empire -- absolutely unbeatable in terms of technology, planning, industry , armed forces, etc. But all Empires come to an end -- usually from internal ruptures. It would be interesting to ponder when the US Empire will end and in what manner.Barry

You. It's coming to get you. They built it specifically to penetrate Australian defenses.

Guest DaveKDEN

>"But all Empires come to an end -- usually from internal ruptures. It would be interesting to ponder when the US Empire will end, and in what manner."Sniff sniff, do I smell some bait??? Don't think this topic belongs in this forum.Dave

It's the hunger of the fish, not the bait, that makes the difference.As to the post, I find it shameful that we steal Klingon's technology!

There we go again, Australians anywhere seem generally green with envy of the USA and never stop to point out that the USA is an evil empire on the brink of collapse.A smart country doesn't wait with developing and building weapons until they come under attack, they build up a viable defense before an apparent enemy emerges.That way, the very existence of those weapons can act as a deterrent preventing armed conflict.Europeans thought in the 1920s and 1930s that not having weapons would show potential adversaries that they were friendly and please leave us alone. 5 May 1940 showed how naive such thinking is, when Germany overran all those countries in a matter of days.

<5 May 1940 showed how naive such thinking is, when Germany overran all those countries in a matter of days>Actually, May 10th 1940 for France, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. May 5th on the other hand, is Liberation Day (1945) for the Netherlands...and of course: Sept 1st 1939 for Poland, April 9th for Norway and Denmark. (Edit: the start of German invasions in these countries)Chekoslovakia and Austria had been occupied through more or less peaceful means (read: diplomatic bullying and military threats) even earlier.More would follow. Actually many of these Stealth designs are looking a lot like some of the maverick designs the Germans were developing towards the end of the war. Actually, we'll be seeing some of those in CFS 3!(and curiously enough, some of the stealth ships look a lot like American Civil war monitors!)