Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Just a suggestion.....

The next time someone either wants to quit the hobby or wants to quit doing whatever they're currrently involved with, please just quit and don't bother to post the decision here. Those posts are like trying to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig. Anybody got any ideas how to put some of the fun back into simming...?Trip

> Anybody got any ideas >how to put some of the fun back into simming...? My suggestion is - not to take it so seriously . I have to admit that I have noticed a lot of "primma donnas" associated with this hobby -- probably more than anywhere else in my lifes' experience (no names- no court martials!!) These people are good at what they do - no doubt about it - and generous to share it with us -- but somewhere , they just seem to get carried away with it all.As I am now retired , I spend what I consider to be a fair amount of time using my computer for various things - including Fsimming . But I sometimes get the impression that there are many people out there who must spend an inordinate amount of time on it.Barry

Dont let others get you down. There are a few who take upon themselve to ruin it for others, and thats unfortunate. Start up fs2002, start your favorite plane, and go some place you havent been before...Thats what I do.

Guest DaveKDEN

Edit; removed. Been down this road too many times before and don't want my view to be mis-understood.Dave

Trip_Lane:Amen !!!!I couldn't of said it better myself, and it needed to be said.I read this forum regularily, and it didn't start in the last few days......;(8Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest SoarPics

Yes, thanks Trip.I've reached a point in all this where I'd rather face the challenge of teaching a pig to sing than deal with egos.Until tomorrow... when there will no doubt be another "resignation" of some sort.

Guest eko

But then what would we talk about? Installing panels? Installing scenery? Oh wait!! We could actually go ahead and do some flying! (Sheeesh, who would've thought of that one!) :-)

Guest Timbo

:-lol[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated August 31st!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Hmm , yes.... I thought not to reply.. but then what would we have forums for ?? ;-) Having said that, I too find it increasingly tiresome to go through some of these forums and threads that seem to be having less and less to do with flight simming or enjoying a hobby and people's (virtual) company.Like this MSFS Forum should be a place to exchange ideas, views and information regarding MSFS.... and since we are all humans there should be room for some 'personal stuff' for sure, but not to the extent that we have to SEARCH the page for 'real' flightsimming related topics ! It also seems that any such off-topics or near-topic posts trigger an avalanche of very opinionated replies each time, thus increasing the OT-level of the forum to a point where many of us will just stop bother reading.... and contributing.As an editor, writer and FS enthusiast I can only say that THAT would be an even bigger loss to the communuity than individuals giving up painting, leaving AVSIM's hard disks, going commercial or whatever else is perceived to be a 'loss' by some.In the end, reading these forums for many years now, I have come to the conclusion that there must be quite a few people with nothing better to do than to spill their opinion on any slightly controversial topic and blow things up... in stead of start up their PC to go flying, or even better.... share their simming related, helpful knowledge and experience with other readers.And for once.. I will not move this OT thread to the Hangar Forum ;-)Francois________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest gasebah

MMMMMM.....I made a pledge. :-)Alex