Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

OT: Catch me if you can!

Guest Joshieca

Because theres no flippin delete key on the threads! :-lol

Joshieca,Careful Josh, the "Off Topic Police" are already on your trail! :-spacecraft However, if people werent interested about most things that even remotely have to do with aviation, there wouldn't be a FS2002 to start with! :-)Let alone this forum.....More to the point, I read the true story novel this movie is going to be based on some 15 years ago, I think it was titled "The Pretender".It was one of the most interesting stories I have read, and I'm sure the movie will be very entertaining! By the way, as a 747 Pilot at the time I read the book, I enjoyed it just as much as someone who might read it for the "fantasy" value...Off topic or not (and I sincerely hope we don't become that strict, that it has to ALWAYS be directly related to FS2002....), thanks for posting, I for one will go see the movie when it comes out, especially since I have read the book!Tim SandersAirline Transport Pilot

>ummmm....why is this posted here? If it was posted in the "Hanger forum", the movie would be on DVD before I'd ever know about it!L.Adamson

OK, I know we're off topic here, but it IS an aviation thing!I think "The Pretender" or maybe it was "The Great Pretender, was a Tony Curtis movie that followed the same story line. Regardless, the book "Catch Me If You Can" by Frank Abagnale Jr. is very well worth the read, and should make a GREAT movie! Mark

Guest B52Drivr

Mark,I can remember reading the book, (you are correct, 'Catch me if you Can', by Abagnale), is a great read . . . if memory serves me correctly it is well over 20 years old.Today, I doubt if Frank could pull it off, as security, banks and such are much wiser, and the age of the computer has put everyone's history just a few keystrokes away. But it is a great read, and I'm sure, with Spielburg involved, will be a fantastic movie.Best to all,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com