Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Air nav software on front page.

I just rented the Air nav software before reading all the details, and would like to inform anyone who is thinking of renting it. You must realize that it is like those 10-10-220 phone sevices, in that every time you logon the minimum usage charge is 15 minutes. Stupid me didn't realize this until I logged on a bunch of times tonight!!! And also it is not actually realtime but is updated every 3 minutes.

Guest jase439

*LMAO* You pay for the software *and* you pay for "airtime"? No thanks! I'll stick to checking the flight boards.Somebody's getting rich ;-)

Man that is ridiculous. There are a million and one FREE flight trackers available on the Internet. Hell, there are free ones that I use on my Web enabled cellphone and IPAQ...A raw deal if you ask me.Regards,Mike T.

No you don't pay for the software, just for the usage time.

Where are these located? I always used FlyteTrax but they disabled all guest access after 9/11 so it no longer works. And from what I hear, the general public is no longer allowed to access the data.Are there any other software based flight programs that are free besides AirNav?

Guest WorkingStiff

Quite frankly, Air Nav sucks. They exclude the flightplan, which is what I'd be most interested in if I wanted to replicate a flight using FS2002.Take a look at Flight Explorer at http://www.flightexplorer.com/. Unfortunately, since September 11, they too have scaled back on the information they provide for security reasons but Flight Explorer is still the standard against which all other flight trackers are measured.