Sign in to follow this  

What's up with Ariane

Hi!As I feared I couldn't ignore this bird and was forced by the "flightsim virus" to buy it. As the part of my brain witch isn't infected by this invisible virus already knew before it didn't work without problems again. I paid the much to high price and received a damaged zip with missing files. I'm just wondering if I will ever become an adult and start learning of faults previosly made by myself or others. :-mad Hopefully you'll be lucky enough not to make the same fault ...Toby

Toni...You completely missed the point of my post. I'll make aircraft developers mad, but what the heck. Most are just too stubborn to take some time to clone the parts already made in the exterior model for virtual wing views. I never said that Ariane's idea was original, but OTH, name one GMAX 737 or A320, payware or freeware, that offers flight from the pax perspective in the same way Ariane's 737 does. Unless you consider static bitmaps, which are a cheap substitute. My point is, why let Ariane tug at the wallets of those who want this? Why doesn't the competition offer the same thing? And for some, including myself, if the choice were between a v/c and virtual wing views, the wing views would win out. And you are rather rude to call those that want the virtual views "gullible", but Tom has already established your lack of impartiality on all this. Let's not start the bashfest again of those who buy this product, unless you have something better to offer. Value is equal to the product filling the need. IMHO, it is way overpriced. I don't need it that much. But there are many 737 fans who believe that even without a v/c and custom cockpit that this is the best out there, and it meets their need... The question is, will other developers listen?

Interesting post Toby...Shots of the UA and SW 737 are already posted in the screenshots forum, so some are getting the complete package, unless the shots are being posted from what I like to call a "stacked" deck. What files were missing from the zip?

Guest Timbo

Toni, if you think they're out to rip you off, then just don't buy it. No need to try to stop the entire world from buying it because you think it's not a good price.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated August 31st!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest B52Drivr

Toni,Please give the world some slack. It is very obvious that you are anti PT/Ariane, or whatever. Please . . . we've gotten the point. Now let those who choose to buy, do so, and those who don't, not do so.There are too many interesting items about FS and such to talk about instead of the same, old, garbage.At the same time, I just can't help but notice that when Mike T. pointed out some matters, the other day, in the other Ariane thread, (which by the way, was pulled . . . gee, I wonder why?) that you did not respond to his questions. I think if you are to continue bashing Ariane and Papa Tango and Peter Tishma, then I would like to hear the answers to those questions which were asked . . . and if, perhaps you didn't see the,(as the thread, obviously was pulled the same hour Mike posted his questions), I am sure Mike could be tempted to voice them again. Perhaps this time, the thread won't be deleted.Sorry, but it's sort of ##### for tat, so to speak . . . you wish to slam someone, then perhaps you should do some explaining yourself.Best to all, sorry to raise a sore subject again,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Hi!Well, I get an CRC error while opening the zip, but the installer starts but stops in the middle of the installing process. In the aircraft folder everything is correct but no panel, sound and above all no texture subfolders!Toby

I've seen posts of the United and SW liveries in the screenshots forum. If you Dl'd one of those liveries, have you tried again? A CRC error in a zip is usually introduced during the download, usually when the download ends before all bytes have been transferred, Curious whether you're on a dial up connection--maybe Ariane's supposed dial-up "timeout" fix is more of a fudge....

They pulled my post???? I was wondering what happened to it. Anyway I hate that some have had trouble downloading these planes. I stick to the fact that on their own merit I like the 737-300s Ariane has offered. I also hate the planes did not come with a VC, 2D panel and/or sounds. Yes now that I think about it, the planes are a bit over priced for what you get but they are good aircraft just the same. I hate the crap that's happened in the past with PT and American Airlines, not to mention all the other issues that's why it was a struggle for me to purchase these planes in the first place, but I did...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Milio_B

Well, those download problems are more a kind of personal problems, I've downloaded the 737s before with no problems....But...the 737 are not worth all the money Ariane asks for. They just aren't. They have a GREAT visual model, probably the best 737 out there, the Wing Views are amazing, and the texture are a great piece of work too. But asking 18 US$ for EACH model (and after that, you're only paying 18 US$ for each TEXTURE) is just not proportionate for prices of today's FS addons... I mean, look at DF, or PSS, or FSD or whatever...That doesn't mean the product isn't good, I know it is, and it looks great, but it IS overpriced. This said, I'm not stoping anyone from buying it. As a big 737 fan I'll probably buy it myself...But if I buy it, I'll know I spent a whole more money than what the product really costs....

Guest Timbo

I only bought my favorite livery (United NC) and I'll just paint any other liveries I want. Saves a lot of money.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated August 31st!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest Milio_B

Yep, I guess that's what I'll do too :)

Guest Roath

Hey Toni,I've got both the 400 (Aeroflot) and the 300 (Southwest). It's not just a repaint, it is actually 10 ft shorter in length and a couple of other minor differences as well. I loaded both into FS2K2 and checked.The price is high - actually I think the 400 is slightly superior, but apparently lots of folks are buying. I'm happy with the results I've seen.On the other hand, the air file was (IMHO) really bad. Trim was at 6 for takeoff and then needed full forward to keep the nose below 15 degrees. Plus the vertical_speed_constant is set to 12 (where most are set from 1 to 3 max). Would not shoot an ILS. I grabbed the air file, aircraft.cfg file from the earlier 733 and merged them. Now I have a really super acft. YMMV.Phill Roath