Sign in to follow this  

V2 of Bill G.'s ERJ panel.....

Greg,When you first punch the VS button, the FCP sets the current vertical speed initially . If you are in level flight, it first puts in the value of 600 fpm to get you going. Then it adjusts.Bill

Eric, You are not going to hear the engine in the ERJ.It's mostly wind noise and comm noise.Iam not a ERJ pilot, this is just what I have learned from talking to people who are.The sound setup provided for this package is quite a good simulation of how it would be We have a few real ERJ pilots on the team to help Bill out with almost all areas of the ERJ right down to the sounds.In most planes you will not hear the engines from the cockpit at all.If you take your headphones off you will hear it alittle but not like you would if you where in a passenger seat of 737Richard Dillon KPDKSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta TeamPAI beta tester ____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest eko

I want to sit in the cockpit then when I fly. Maybe I'll be able to get some sleep on my next flight. :-)

Guest guyjr

I'd like to point out how much better the FPS seems to be with v2 as well. I haven't had a chance to do a real test comparing it to v1, but it seems like I've gotten a big boost with the upgrade. The plane flies a lot smoother now.That TCAS is something else as well... I flew around NYC metro, chasing down target after target, and each time TCAS gave me enough warning and clear guidance to get out of the way before a mid-air could occur. I like how it immediately changes the VSI to a nice red arc, terminated by a green area to indicate exactly where you need to point the nose to get out of the way.Now... about that MD-11 panel that's under development. . . :-)

Guest eko

Bill, (or anybody else who might know),I have two questions which I can't find the answer for. One dates back to the old version of the panel, and one I have just discovered after the update.First of all, I am using Nick's ERJ-135 with the new 'rev' airfile and aircraft.cfg included in the update.I've checked the aircraft.cfg file to make sure that the NAV lights are correctly listed and designated (they are) so I must question the switch on the panel.The green and red wing nav lights do not turn on after I hit the nav lights switch on the upper panel. The strobe and beacons are fine, but the nav lights refuse to turn on. This also occurred to me in V1 of the panel, so I am at a loss as to a solution.Next, the FS2002 GPS doesn't pop up anymore over the MFD. I understand that the MFD now has the ability to display your flightplan, and that the MAP/PLAN button now toggles this... but the FS2002 GPS window is still included in the panel.cfg file. Is there a new button for popping this up, or is it only acccessible by doing a SHIFT-X key combination?Thanks for all the fine work... this is truly one of the best freeware offerings in all of flight simming!

Hi Bill,First, thanks for the panel update. It's been one of my favorite aircraft since you first released it.Second, thanks for the reply. I flew another cycle just now, and tried to pay particular attention to the autopilot, my inputs, and its behaviour. After takeoff, I hit the VS button, and the autopilot climbs at the current climb rate, as we'd expect. Level at the top, I dial in 20000 and hit VS, resulting in an initial descent rate of -600, which I then dial down to -2000, just as you described above.However, as I pass through FL210, ATC clears me down to 9700. I dial in 9700 and click the VS button twice to cycle it, but the autopilot switches from my current -2000 fpm (by this time, maybe at FL205) to -600. Is it because the autopilot has entered an altitude acquisition mode that it thinks I'm level and puts -600 into the VS? Just wondering if this is the case with your setup, and if so, what your procedures are for entering a new altitude on the descent. If not, then could there be a problem with my setup?Actually, I have one other question for you while I have your attention. Are any de-icing equipment represented on the panel (besides the pitot heat)? I notice something about anti-ice on the takeoff page on the middle CRT -- the manual says it indicates engine anti-ice -- how do I turn it on? I might have missed it in the manual.Thanks a lot!Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/ERJ.jpg

Eko,The light thing has to do with the aircraft. The GPS is not longer part of the panel. The MAP/PLAN mode is not operational, and that was the button used for the GPS.Bill

Greg,No functioning anti-ice except for pitot heat. Great personal logo you have there. :-)Bill

Guy Jr,Ahhh... someone DID notice a frame rate improvement!I tried to apply some of the new "tricks" that I learned while working on the MD11 to the ERJ code as I was making other changes to it. It seems to be smoother to me also. Bill

Guest eko

Bill, thanks for the response... but it was a bit cryptic. (I'm pretty slow to begin with... hehe.)How is it that the light problem has to do with the aircraft? The NAV lights switch on the panel should turn on the nav lights, right? If they are correctly setup as NAV lights in the aircraft.cfg file (I am using the aircraft.cfg file that was included in your package, not something else), how come the NAV lights switch isn't toggling them on, no matter what the aircraft is? These are FS2002 lights, which are independent of the model or AIR file, the light definitions are in the aircraft.cfg file, and they are correct.-----(LIGHTS) //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.0=3, -5.24, -32.69, 1.82, fx_navredm ,light.1=3, -5.24, 32.69, 1.82, fx_navgrem ,light.2=3, -41.84, 0.00, 15.37, fx_navwhi ,light.3=2, -5.36, -32.80, 1.80, fx_strobeh ,light.4=2, -5.36, 32.80, 1.80, fx_strobeh ,light.5=1, 11.30, 0.00, 7.56, fx_beaconb ,light.6=1, 4.24, 0.00, -1.21, fx_beaconb ,light.7=2, -41.84, 0.00, 15.37, fx_strobeh ,-----As you can see, the red and green nav lights are correctly specified as type "3" in the aircraft.cfg file.I placed the default Learjet panel in the Botamer ERJ-135 to test this, and the NAV lights switch on that panel turned on the nav lights on the plane. So it's not the plane or the aircraft.cfg setup. I must still cling to my conclusion that the NAV lights switch in your panel is not working correctly. If there is something else which I have not tried yet, (which could certainly be the case) I would really like to know.Also, thank for the clarification on the GPS. I think you said that the FS2002 GPS is no longer part of the panel (hence it not being toggled on anymore), and that it has been replaced with the new MAP/PLAN function built into your panel. Is this correct?So, the FS2002 GPS can now only be accessed by pressing the correct SHIFT-X combo, or installing my own toggle switch. (It's still there in the panel description, so might as well keep it around.) :-)Once again, thanks for the response, and I hope I can get this silly NAV lights business sorted out! :-)

I discovered that the nav light switch controls cockpit lights and not the navigation lights. Simply change your navigation lights in the aircraft.cfg file to type 4, cockpit lights and they will work.Chris Cook

Thanks Bill for a great update.I just have a problem with the heading select function. The heading changes to every 10 degrees or so when i click the heading select button and not every 1 degree as before, do i need to change a setting?I have tried clicking everywhere around the button to change it but it still gives me 10 degree changes...Any one else have this?Thanks.JB.

Guest eko

Thansk Chris! Excellent investigative reporting! :-)

J.B.,Make sure you've read the upgrade.txt file and applied the recommendations to whatever aircraft you are using. You should be getting unit increments in the HDG bug, not tens.Bill