Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIX

R4D/DC3 panel key purchase?

Hey guys. Just downloaded the very nice DC3 and R4D from www.dc3airways.com and have a question. I purchased the panel unlock key for the $5 donation from https://www47.rapidsite.net/aviala/maam/r4dupgd.html last night but haven't recieved the key yet. I take it this is not an automated purchase and someone on the other end will be manually sending the key (meaning Monday-Friday probably)? Anyone know?Thanks!

Guest etanin

I bought mine a Long time ago but I think you are correct, someone has to send you the key. Hey its Saturday and maybe you will still get it today :) When you do it will be tough to get you out of that thing Enjoy!

Thanks! I love it so far...but can only love it for about 5 minutes :) I have downloaded the DC3 Airways "Company" DC3 with their "training" panel which is pretty good too and I will just fly that till I get the R4D one up and running.

Just got my key. WOOHOO! Time to go flying :)

Guest Simicro

hellois it the DC3 Gmax for FS2002 ?thxstony

No it will not be the GMAX version..Although the DC-3 is completed in this GMAX version, the Panel is not (although it was with the original team), the design team has changed, and therefore.. the whole 'bright' idea of this release seems to have gotten lost (without a status update from whoever the team is).. in FSDesign land??I don't know of a single propliner aircraft/Panel/VC that is available in GMAX format for FS2K2. Certainly, the DC-3 is not one of them. Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.comhttp://www.douglasdc3.com/1/dc3.jpg

Guest Simicro

thanks for the info Trev,I hope we will have a Gmax plane together with a FS2002 2D panel and VC. I've always ignore the DC3 but now I 've fallen in love with it. I must be more mature :)Tony

Kind of in the same thread. Has there been any fix yet for the bubble nav lights on the wings, or is that going to be taken care of with the GMAX version? I see a fix for the 4.## version, but none for the 7 version.

Guest Javis

Hi there Trev !>Although the DC-3 is completed in this GMAX version, the >Panel is not (although it was with the original team), the >design team has changed, and therefore.. the whole 'bright' >idea of this release seems to have gotten lost (without a >status update from whoever the team is).. in FSDesign land?? errmm...., that's not exactly correct,my friend. Right after the break up of the original R4D Team an annoucement has been posted right here on the Avsim frontpage about the forming of the 'new' R4D Team with a link to a press release explaining the new situation. You probabely must've missed it so here's that link again : http://maam.org/flightsim/maamsim_pr/press_release.htmlKeep in mind that,due to the circumstances, the 'new' R4D Team is facing the (re)development of *2* new GMax projects : the R4D plus the MAAM B-25 'Briefing Time'. While at it, keep also in mind that both these projects will feature all new 2D panels with all new gauges plus a highly detailed Virtual Cockpit ( or rather : complete internal model..) for both of 'm, and you can imagine this all won't be realised in a week or two....We are working like dogs on both projects in order to keep the release date between them as short as possible so we can forge ahead on a 'real' new project. Like the press release says ' The New GMax Douglas R4D-6 Will Fly !! ' ( and a vast range of derivatives to go with it! well,later on, that is...;) )Just hang in there,buddy ;)Jan

Guest jaapverduijn

Back to work now, Jan! I don't want to see you here wasting your time chatting away happily in the forum, while there's so much unfinished work waiting for you. What do you think we pay you for? Chatting? Drinking Kanis & Gunnink? Making jokes? Being funny? No Jan, it's WORK we expect from you. Good, sound, beautiful, spectacular DC3's and B25's! So off you go now, there's a job to be finished.Ik ben benieuwd naar de woedende reacties van lezers die het bovenstaande dodelijk serieus nemen... (brede grijns)! Zet 'em op Jan, ik ben ervan overtuigd dat je nieuwe produkten, zoals altijd, de moeite van het wachten meer dan waard zijn!Jaap Verduijn.

There is a light fix available in the avsim library. Works great.

Guest SIX

I noticed on Roy's webpage that the Version 7 CD is mentioned. Where can one get the CD and avoid all this download this and that nightmare?-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorAOL IM: dal276whBush Flying Unlimited: SIXUVI014 "Heavy"http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif