Sign in to follow this  
LN_OSS

Fire in engine nr 2.......

Guest Clement Guivarc h

Nice and entertaining shots Stian ! :7That's no luck for such an old lady ../)_/). _ Cl

Guest BAW083

'The paint is my own !.. Maybe i'll release it'Please do. :-hah It looks quality. There's ye olde SAS (with the longboat?) on the fuselage but I've not managed to track down this '90s livery for the v3 747.:(

These shots are pretty benign, however, I am sure that there are some SAS employees out there that shudder when they see these types of images. We (the entire community that is) have to understand that the predominant reason for resistance from airlines to fully support flight simulation is the image of one of their liveries being used to model a disaster (real or imagined). Imagine that first image being altered and spread across the Internet:

That would not be good for our hobby, I am sure. Please, use some common sense guys.

What Tom said... Back in the "old" days, when we first started painting actual airline liveries on FS planes, that was one thing that was specifically mentioned by airlines when we'd check to see if they'd authorize the use of their name and logos. They didn't want to see 'their' planes crashing, etc. I would be VERY careful with this sort of thing. It could really come back to bite us all.

BobK

Guest EISN_CONTROL

A bit over the Top.If anything the screenshot showed that the aircraft still landed safely, that could lead one to conclude that this person was proving that he could safe the aircraft and simulated souls by dealing with the crisis.John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest Alexander_EFG

Yeh, and fall right onto the roof of YOUR house. Happy now? Ask anyone who witnessed the Bijlmer crash if they enjoy this kind of stupidity... Didn't expect that kind of comments from an forum OP.I for once am glad that om came in brought some common sense into here. Thanks Tom!

This thread sure took an intersting spin!I can see the reasons that Tom and others make, but if we follow them to their logical conclusion Microsoft will have to cease simulating failures and crash effects such as sparks flying and parts of the fuselage falling off. There are a growing number of addons that simulate different types of failures, should they, or screenshots of those effects, get "banned" (in lack of a better word, I know that no banning has taken place here) because they show what can, have and most likely will happen in reality? Personally I think that the key word is "tastefulness", or rather tastelessness and I for one don

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

hmm...I did not mean to scare anyone, more to show what kind of effects that can be used in FS. So me personal cant see anything wrong with this... Would be worse if she was smashed into ground or something..Anyway.. Tom, IF you feel that this topic and shots is all wrong, you can remove it !... And i will never post a topic like this anymore :)Best RegardsStian

Great Shots!and I completely agree with you Tord. IMO there's nothing wrong with those screenshots.

Thanks :)I have wrote a email to Tom, and said that if he wants, my post can be removed. Cause i also understand his view on this :)But if posts like this is so "bad" i think that the rules in this forum need a bit change, so it clearly says that posts like my post with fire in a plane/emergency will not be accepted.Best RegardsStian

Guest sammn2002

From my viewpoint, i see nothing wrong with these shots, as Stian has clearly stated, there is no rule that stops shots of this type being posted. Also, what other people decide to do with these shots, after Stian posts them, is totally not Stians fault or problem. If all, its the fault of the person who editted it.Alexander, you of all people, i would have expected you to of realised that Stian had absolutly no aim of offending anyone with this post. I'm suprised you snapped like this.

Guest IBHansen

Any words from Scandinavian Airlines