Sign in to follow this  

An FS98 Airplane in FS2002

I'm flying a FS98 737-500 (why, do you ask? Cuz no one made fs2002 737-500 in ual colors yet!) and atc sends me along with the other ai 737's like mine over to general aviation parking when we get to an airport. what can I change to get atc to think that my 737's are bigger planes. (I also noticed this with another FS98 plane i'm using as AI, a 747-200. I'll get around to posting screenies soon.)

Guest PhilipManwaring

Do you have the aircraft.cfg file set up for the correct airline and type settings? Try looking at the default 737-400 for an example.

Hi, one other option if the cfg file is correct is that all your gates are full, if there are no free gates then you will be sent to GA parking whatever you are flying.You could try increasing the number of gates via AFCAD or reducing the amount of AI aircraft and see if that frees up some gates. Hope this helps, Steve

thanks, but the the airports aren't full, they still go or start out at the ga gates. it must have something to do with the .cfg file or the .mdl file. I'll tinker with the 737-400 .cfg, thanks.-UPDATE-i think it's the [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] section of the .cfg file i found that the my 737 had no max weight and the empty weight was 91000 lbs. I'll keep tweaking and post any results.-UPDATE2- it is the [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] section of the .cfg file.There MUST be a max weight line in your aircrafts .cfg in order for atc to send the aircraft to its proper gate. JACKPOT!

-UPDATE3- sorry, jumped the gun here. my 737's still go to general aviation parking. still tweaking though will let you know any results. appreciate anymore comments.

does atc call you by experimental?. if so then your aircraft.cfg file has to be upgraded to fs2002also. if you dont file a flight plan they will always send you to GA parking aswell as for the AI aircraft