Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

What do you recommend to get the default PA28, MD83 and

Dash 8 visible in my Select Aircraft window? I feel a bit silly, having been here since 2K2 was released and never really noticed they wern't showing up. All those lovely third party aircraft to try I suppose. The Panel folders are mssing aren't they, so which panels do you recommend? Running the Pro edition.I have just done a hard disk reformat, a minimal instal of Win98SE (no Internet Explorer or Outlook Express etc)and nothing else on C: but essential drivers and 2K2. It runs so much better, loads quickly and I seem to get 15/25 fps on my Voodoo 5/Athlon 1.3 with all settings maxed (no fsaa). I'm keeping the addons to the bare minimum too.Go on reformat = you know it makes sense.Thanks for the help with my question.PH

You could download the following:dh-8fly3.zipmd83fly3.zipPa180fly3.zipOr if you know how to open the *.air file change Section 105 from a 2 to 0.Are you going to download and use the weather? If so, what application are you going to use to interface with the internet?

Thank you very much wsieffert.I use Activesky for weather, and am a member of VATSIM. I use Opera for Internet. I guess I'll go with XP for the next upgrade, but have always been keen on the Win98Lite concept - which knocks IE browser integration out of the Windows shell. http://www.litepc.com/index.htmlLoad Windows without "address books" and you kill Outlook express - my OS was some 238mb. It's a bit of an obsession I suppose.Thanks for the info on the .air file - news to me, and the zips.Best regards,PH

Looks like you got the bases covered! I only went with WinXP when I built a totally new computer. I actually have it dual bootable with Win98SE/WinXP. WinXP SP1 provided some court ordered options of eliminating some MS items, albeit they are still on the harddrive, as primary or mandatory.I did a minimum install on an old computer with minimum disk space and speed. Funny however, it wasn't compact enough to keep up with the stuff I wanted to put on it over my LAN, such as NAV3.1, etc.