Sign in to follow this  
Guest tango_d

Reviews - Printer Page Layouts

Guest glnflwrs

Eddy, I'm not really an expert on the A4 paper, but I believe it is slighlty longer than 11 inches and just short of 8-1/2 inches. Regardless of that, your printer setup should have different paper sizes available for you to choose from. If you select the A4 paper size the printer will adjust the text format to fit that size. No adjustment of the source is necessary. I hope this is correct for your printer, it is for mine. Glenn"If God would have wanted man to fly He would have given him more money"

Hi,Sorry, I'm stumped on this. Have got in to work this morning and tried everything - to no avail.Thanks for trying to help anyway. Guess I'll just have to put up with it 'landscaped' with margin adjustments etc....Kind RegardsEd:-hmmm

Dear All,I wonder is it possible that you can re-size or correct the page layouts of your reviews. I love the reviews you do, but find it frustrating to say the least that they will not print on A4 portrait. It is formatted over at flightsim.com, but to be honest, I prefer your site for its content and quality. There is nothing I enjoy more than printing these out for a long business trip etc. It's far easier than saving them to laptop and running my batteries out.Hope you can help - or at least point me in the direction of a quick cure for this....Keep up the good work AVSIM.Best RegardsEddy Nichol (tango_d)

Guest tango_d

Hi Aidi,Thanks a lot - I know there's lots of people who don't like printing stuff, and I can appreciate that it costs a bit in ink. Guess I'm one of the lucky few who access to laser printers at work. This also comes in very handy for manuals LOL....!!!Your site is truly superb, and is now well and truly my main site for everything simming. Well done to you ALL....Kind Regards and ThanksEddy Nichol (AKA tango_d) :-jumpy

Guest Aidi

Hi Guys,Well after a lot of trial and error I have come up with a solution to rectify the printing problem. After many hours of trying to format the html i was not getting anywhere fast, so i experimented with Adobe Acrobat.I am pleased to say that i can now produce the reviews in a full printable format using acrobat. From this point on, all reviews that are published will have a line where readers can download the .pdf file and can print it off at their convienience.If there are any reviews that have already been published that you would like to have in .pdf format, please let me know (aidanw@avsim.com) and i will edit the review to incorporate the .pdf file.I hope this method will meet with your printing requirements.Best RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

Hey Aidi !!Delighted - thanks a million mate !Now those long real world flights around Europe won't be so boring...Your effort is very much appreciated.Thanks and Kind RegardsEddy (tango_d)(North Wales - UK):-beerchug

Guest Aidi

No problem. In fact its been one thing that i have been meaning to do for a while, but either got sidetracked or totally forgot!I see you are located in North Wales.. I am currently living in Haverfordwest way down south.. Where in NW are you? I had a lovely holiday there last year. Stayed in a small cottage just outside Ruthin. Best RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest tango_d

Hi Aidi,Yeah - Haverfordwest !! I know it well. Very pretty area. I surf a lot down your way. St Davids / Anns Head etc. You've got some of the countries best kept secret spots for surfing. I know 2 or 3 and secret they must remain :-) I live near Mold, not far from Ruthin in fact (10 miles). We (war department and I) nearly had our wedding at Ruthin Castle a couple of years ago !!I kinda thought everyone who worked for AVSIM was from the States, although I appreciate it's a global concern.Is this the day job then ? Reckon you've got a big job on your hands there mate !!!Tell you....Can't appreciate what you guys do for the fs community enough I reckon. It's truly amazing how this thing has grown. I've been messin with computers and flightsimmin since around 95.I sell Finnish Timber around Europe for a living. Wish I had more time for all this though.....:-lol RegardsEd

Guest tango_d

Hi Aidi,Don't mean to sound a moaner - but the FS2Crew review....Can't find the PDF link to print ?Can you look at ?Am I missing something obvious ?RgsEd