Sign in to follow this  

Freeware Tiger Moth pac in the library

I have that problem, too. I'm experimenting with the contact points, but haven't figured it out yet.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I think I've found a work-around. When you're sitting in the water, don't "roll on" the throttle. From idle, shove it straight to the stops. Wait a second and you should see a little bit of spray, and eventually start moving.

Guest GZR_Frenchy

This plane is a little Sweet Heart. Understand about the float plane appearing to be stuck. Fear not. It isn't. To break free of the water friction power down to an idle. As she bobs to the top of a wave give her some throttle and a tad up elevator. On the next bob up -- more engine. She will break free and taxi out quite nicely. No need to wiggle the rudder. Looks like it will take off and land on a postage stamp. Very, very well done. Not to mention it is freeware. Just the ticket for my Emma field. Frenchy -- out.

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Here she is breaking free from my Emma field water base.Frenchy -- out.

Guest Reddog

tried to reply to your thread over at the SimOutHouse, first time I got a can't display page thing there. Anyhow tried your suggestion and still couldn't get it to move,so slewed it up to 1000 ft and started from there. Flew around for a while then did a touch and go then came around and made a full stop, got stopped hit the power and off she goes!! Beats me!!!http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/921920.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://community.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Guest bones

It helps if you are into wind a bit too.The floatplane was one of two ordered by the RAF for evaluation in 1932. One also went to Norway. Both forces discovered the aircraft to be very underpowered and did not continue with the use of them. I guess I've made the model a bit too accurate... :-)If you can get it off the water it's d**n good fun though.

Guest GZR_Frenchy

I can get it off the water with that tiny engine. Think it is done just about right. A huff and a puff and wiggle and a little bit of patience. This is a really old airplane. Just image what the real pilot felt like! Bob to the top of waves. The floats are stuck down in the water until you bob up. Power up on the top to keep it up. Drop the power on the down side. Power up again. Upsy Daisy. There, now you have it. It will do a pretty darn good Barrel Roll. Pin the cockpit on the horizon and do your thing. It will stick there. But, then you must learn how to do a barrel roll first. Almost like the real thing. Up is down -- unless you are moving sideways.Nice plane, very nice plane.Frenchy -- out.

Guest bones

> Just image what the real pilot felt like! Seasick and scared I'd guess. I never flew a "wet" version..

I love the stall characteristics of this thing. It's so forgiving. First stalling at 19 kts, then recovering at 22 kts at the same altitude! Like flying a butterfly!

I found a problem the other day.. if you have sun glare set to on sometimes water acts like dirt.... if it's in shadow the plane is stuck.. turn off sun glare and all the water seems to work.Brian