Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

**ACTIVESKY v1.5 update released **

Hi All,1.5 has been released and includes fixes for temperature problems and includes better winds aloft simulation, as well as some other fixes and enhancements.Next release will be major, with many new features that you've all been asking for. ETA is just in time for Christmas! Stay tuned for more.... And thanks everyone for their support! Enjoy!-Damian Clark

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Me again..The file, activeskyv15.zip, has been uploaded to AVSIM and is awaiting addition to the library. The new website for Project: ActiveSky is http://hifi.avsim.net/activeskyThanks!-Damian

Damian Clark

Revision Log (fixed or added since last version):Date By Program Area Description10/20 DC -RELEASE- v1.5 Released10/20 DC DOCS Revised documentation and added FSUIPC-Settings.txt document for help setting up FSUIPC for better realism10/18 DC FD WINDS ALOFT When winds were reported over 100kts (wind dir reported as dir + 50), direction and speed were not properly set. Fixed.10/18 DC PERFORMANCE Improved overall program performance for almost zero frame-rate hit10/17 DC INTERFACE Changed interface options around a bit for better grouping10/16 DC FD WINDS ALOFT Temperature bug fixed - temps now consistent with FD forecast but will not always be the exact forecasted temp (as in real life!)10/16 DC OPTIONS Added option to update FD winds aloft on new station (default OFF) to improve performance in areas with many METAR reporting points (default 10 minute refresh is more than sufficient for keeping up to date)10/16 DC WINDS ALOFT Winds aloft (simulation or FD) would not properly reset to METAR winds at lower altitudesin some cases. Fixed.10/14 DC -RELEASE- v1.4 Released (all prior revision data cleared)

Damian Clark

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Damian,will next version add the capability to fly offline loading a previous saved METAR?Thanks a lotLuigi ;-)

Guest Josve

That would be a great feathure!It should also be able to run the program without fs running.The fs crashes now and then,and then the ActiveSky also crashes....Maybe a detect button or something like that,that detects if fs are running or not.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

It still stutters a lot when downloading metars in the background.I hope you can cure that part a bit..further: well done!Cool skies with XPclouds!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]-----http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdUnofficial PSS Website

Guest kdfw

Damian,Thanks for your program. It's a real nice one, keeps getting better.Question: When I setup the ActiveSky to run automatically using the FSUIPC Run Options program, it seems that the ActiveSky does not remember its last settings (update on new station OFF, for example). Is there a way to save the settings?Thanks again,Pat

>Hi Damian, >will next version add the capability to fly offline loading >a previous saved METAR? I also vote for this feature. Very important !Michael J.

Hi all, if I want Activesky to automatically update the weather (download the latest METARs automatically), do I have to have the program minimized while I use FS2002?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10