Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

FS2002 causing ADSL modem to disconnect

I've just noticed that whenever I run FS2002 I lose my ADSL connection (the pair of black/green lights in my system tray turn red and I'm disconnected from my ISP). Stopping FS2002 restores connection. Same thing happens with Earthviewer when I get to a certain point. There's obviously a clash somewhere but everything checks out ok in device manager although I see that the modem and the graphics card geforce 3 ti 200 share IRQ 11. Running Windows XP, Directx 8.1, Athlon 1800xp. Variety of Nvidia drivers but makes no difference. Disabling anti-virus and firewall software makes no difference. Has anyone any ideas whats going wrong?

Have now established that running Test Direct3d in DXDIAG causes disconnection when it tests Directx 8 interfaces. Does this mean that the drivers for the modem are at fault or is there something else I can look at?

I don't run XP so don't know how easy this fix is with XP.Many will tell you that despite Windows wisdom a lot of cards do not like sharing IRQs, one of them is the graphics card.For starters I would try assigning the graphics card its own IRQ not shared with anything else.You might alos consider posting this to the hardware forum.HTH