Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

In Defense of Ariane

Gentlemen-Over the last several months I have read many posts disparaging Ariane Studios and the man behind it. While I don't doubt there have been some who have had problems with them, all I can judge them by is my own experience, and so far it has been very positive. I have been very pleased with their products, if I have just not been able to get a plane to work they have given a refund any time I've asked, and their support has been excellent (sometimes answering e-mails within 10-15 minutes, as today)I've only had a few problems getting to their site, and that seems to be when they are adding new products to the page.So I for one will continue to be a satisfied Ariane customer.-Chris

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I second it. Long live Ariane. They've been great with me too, excellent service, great support. And great planes. So what are we complaining about? :)Cheers,http://www.simubuild.com/gfx/banner/SBB_Pimentel.jpgAA RULES!!! :)Download my semi-photoreal AA 757!:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=16882Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR.../posky332ar.zipChrome AA 767 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR...osky767aaV1.zipDominicana de Aviacion 727-53C NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyRepaints/dom722.zip______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain

Guest Edam

Apparently there are others that have had the same success that you have, but you can expect to hear the Ariane bashers giving another opinion. It's getting old at this point, but it will continue, even though it won't make a difference.

My problem with Ariane is that I can't see a value in their product. Any product where repaints have to be purchased at $18.50 a shot, sounds like the type of thing packaged and sold through a T.V. infomercial. Add to that some strategically placed customer reviews and glowing reports of satisfaction.Even if all the reports of Ariane and P.T. were false, I can't get past the way their product is presented. The common phrase "looks like a duck, walks like a duck" applies here...Having said that, I'm dead set against the bashing of the people who've purchased it. Some think those who buy from Ariane are buying into some type of attack on our hobby. I often equate this to our being Microsoft customers. There's people in the unemployment lines due to Microsoft's handling of the competition. Doesn't matter if their conduct was legal or not....it's the way they do business. But the truth is, we would all starve to death if we put morals and ethics before need. When we grab a Soda, a cracker, or eat what we think is an "organic" vegetable, we are often digging into some type of business practice which has hurt someone, somewhere.But I can think of far better examples of customer service and value, many of them freeware. Using the example of the dial-up issues for those who bought the cockpit, it took them a heck of a lot longer than 10-15 minutes to take ownership of the issue.What is evident, is that the recent GMAX 737 series was modelled well, and adds wing views only a few developers (like Simubuild) have embraced in the commercial jets. My tune towards Ariane would change if I could buy it, and upload repaints from the library here....-John

Guest B52Drivr

John,If that is the only problem you have with Ariane, then life is good. As it's called the 'free enterprise' system. And most of us in the free world subscribe to it.Years ago, when I retired from working for our government, (too long a story), I got into the sports car racing industry. My forte was the Porsche automobile. Now a car is a car, is a car. Some cost more, some do the mode of transportation different than others, but they all motivate down the road.I've heard many individuals ask: "How can someone pay 75K for a Porsche . . . my house didn't cost that much", (granted, earlier times and a different economy), but the point is, 'because they want to, or they can aford to'. Pretty simple if you think about it.Ariane has been blasted more times than I can think, and in truth, generally by individuals who have an agenda -- or a bone to pick for their own personal reasons. Myself, I have bought items from them, been satisfied and had no major problems. And, I have found their support to be as good as anyones. End of story for me.Best to all,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest adria320

I'll stay neutral here! I love the GMAX 734, but it would be better if the repaints would be free, not that you have to pay 20 bucks for them!

Good post Clayton...The irony for me is I've been sometimes, even this morning, quite tempted to hit the "add to basket" button. But being stuck with one livery is a fairly difficult thing to stomach (having said that, I'd probably go with UAL. They fly everywhere).But there's been quite a few hanging questions about quality. One recent post said parts of the wings were invisible at night. The person noted that inquiries to Ariane weren't helping. Another post in the screenshot forum today voiced concerns about spoiler deployment. For the price this product is offered at, consumers should demand perfection and receive it promptly. This product is based on nothing but visual quality. That has to be top notch.As for free enterprise, a common ploy among businesses is to ratchet up the price a notch, to make consumers think something is a hot commodity. It may be "free" enterprise, but it isn't "smart" enterprise if the company goes belly up. In this economy, most firms which play that game aren't in it for the customer. Contrary to what some may think about free enterprise, the customer is on the minds of most businesses that consider themselves long-term players.I've worked on the "supply" side of the equation for years. We never raised our prices for goods or services out of hand or as part of some game to make the consumer think they are buying a Porsche vs. a Yugo. It's just my opinion, but that's what I think Ariane is up to. Can't see any new feature in the product that merits a 20 pct. price hike, nor can I see any cost factor which merits such a hike. All I see is cunning and greed...

Guest Daniel Pimentel

John:Not a valid gripe. Ariane are working on a freeware repaint system. But if I am offering United for free, why would any1 buy Ariane's? They're doing a livery repaint system so some liveries are free, some payware. So you WILL get freeware liveries if you buy. Now, why is it expensive? Heck, with all the bad advertising certain people have been publicating and voicing of them, people don't buy... So you have little demand, but need to keep the site up, and all that stuff... So those of us who wanna buy pay the price. Not fair, but a reality of life, I guess. :) I am basically hoping Ariane IS Tishma, cuz if not how much damage are we causing a group with unique quality in this community? Because let's face it... Their products are the BEST in their type in this community... People overlook achievements because of the bad points. Poor thing.Cheers,http://www.simubuild.com/gfx/banner/SBB_Pimentel.jpgAA RULES!!! :)Download my semi-photoreal AA 757!:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=16882Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR.../posky332ar.zipChrome AA 767 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR...osky767aaV1.zipDominicana de Aviacion 727-53C NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyRepaints/dom722.zip______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain

Because of your work with Simubuild, I respect your evaluation of the aircraft. I consider the A340 the best of what I have, so that's high praise for you to rank the 737 highly.Still...if the only way I can obtain a UAL, S/W and Continental livery is to pay for all, then I can't fathom the value. The simple question is, can I purchase the UAL model, then dl someone's SW repaint? I believe Ariane would sell thousands of units if they practiced a fully open repaint policy. By using this type of pricing structure, they limit themselves a lot less--that's been proven time and time again. I think that in part is what raised eyebrows so quickly, as livery control was a hallmark of P.T's style. But in fairness, other popular vendors have been mentioned which do the same thing....I skipped out from those purchases because I'm not going to pay for an aircraft that offers a void where the wing's supposed to be. I'm really proud of Simubuild for making the virtual wing a part of their offerings. To me, it's worth a heck of a lot more than a V/C.... On Wednesday, I'll be flying to California (ironically in a SW 737-300). Chances are, I'm more likely to see a wing than a cockpit during the flight :)

Just a thought.How about trading liveries then?

Guest Toni Rauch

In all my posts over the last few days, I've tried to argue the 'value-for-money' aspect of Ariane's new planes, albeit quite aggressively because of the personal knowledge and experience I have of the person behind Ariane. To those who found anything I said 'over the top' or insulting (with the obvious exception of one particular 'person'), I wholeheartedly apologise.But my questions remain, and would apply to ANY commercial developer who was doing what Ariane are doing:The Aeroflot GMAX 737-400 sells at

Guest Edam

"The Aeroflot GMAX 737-400 sells at