Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

CH Products Yoke and pedals

Guest RobK

I just bought both the CH Yoke USB and Rudder pedals USB about a month ago. They both work great with both FS2002 and X-Plane 6. No problems whatsoever to report. Very happy with them. However, I am using them with Windows XP so I can't comment on how well they will work with Windows 98SE though. But, with WinXP they work flawlessly and installation was a breeze. I just simply plugged them into the USB ports and WinXP automatically recognized them. I didn't have to install any drivers. Rob

I have had both for a while now and used them on Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 and on XP and never had a problem with either on any OS. Let us know how you get on.Regards,Adam NardoneFlightCraft

I suggest you visit their site www.chproducts.com and download the latest (if not on your cd) CH Control Manager. Also download the autostart utility if you plan to use the manager.I use a seperate stick, throttle, and peds. Since I also use X-Plane, it was handy to be able to map the three devices into two virtual ones for X-Plane with its two device limit. Even with FS2K2, you may want to swap some of those assignments and also use the CH Control Panels non-linear sensitivity features if not using FSUIC here.

Guest flightpro08
Guest RobK

>Question, does the Prop and mixture controls work on it, the >picture I saw of the yoke shows those levers. Yes, prop and mixture controls both work in FS2002 and X-Plane 6. :)Rob

I've had my CH yoke and pedals for about a month now and wouldn't trade them for anything. They definitely add to the overall experience and work very well. You will like them I'm sure.KP

Guest SD Sim

Hi Reddog,All of the above comments accurately reflect what are two great CH products. But I can provide you with one warning. I have limited "real estate" for all my FS goodies, so I have to unclamp my yoke from the desktop after each use. Over the last 8 months since I bought the yoke, the screws have slowly become damaged due to the repeated loosening and tightening. About a month ago, one of them froze inside the housing, and in trying to remove it, I ended up stripping the anchor inside :-(. Now I have to attach this side to my desk with a good old fashioned C-clamp. The second screw is on it's way out as well. My advice is to find a way, if you can, to permanently mount your yoke so that you can avoid my problems.

Hi reddog,just like you I am a "newbie on the yoke" -- got mine about a week ago. Bottom line is: An substantial improvement towards realistic flying (or at least what I deem to be realistic :-))Installation-wise I must say that I had problems with the CH control manager software. After the install, my button assignments were messed up. So I completely removed the drivers and the control manager and started anew... just plugged the yoke and pedals in again, they are automatically recognized, and thats it! Now my mixture/prop/throttle axes work again.As far as the actual flying is concerned... well... I had to relearn many basic movements. Yoke w/ pedals is somewhat completely different. Be prepared for a learning curve here. Especially flying coordinated turns w/o autorudder is a challenge in the beginning, but well worth the effort.Then I had to make some minor adjustments in FSUIPC (the only software I'd use for fine-tuning) because I had a slight drift to the right which I compensated. I also enlaged the dead zone a bit because I had trouble flying a straight course. But that might be my preference -- I dont like overly sensitive gear.Puh, pretty long, hope this helps.ru,celticmatrix

Guest Reddog

I'm glad to hear all the positive feedbacks. Once the yoke is set up i don't have to remove it so hope I won/t have the mounting problems.I've been flying with a stick that has rudder control since starting simming so hopefully getting use to the pedals won't take long!!!!http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/921920.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://community.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Guest SD Sim

Hi Patrick,Like you, I had the same problem with the CH control manager. And my solution was the same as well - just let XP recognize the attached equipment and off you go (with FSUIPC adjustments for that "just right" feel).