Sign in to follow this  

Wierd sound

Hi all;Does anybody get inconsistant sound when cycling through views and stopping in spot view?Sometimes the engine sound is fine, but other times it sounds like it is in an echo chamber. Sometimes cycling through the views again will cure the problem. Is there a tweak for this, or is it normal operation?I am using a Hercules Game Theater XP, with the latest drivers, and Win XP.Thanks.

Guest Dean

I'm not sure of what your hearing but I think the sound will change to reflect what the sound would be like when heard from a particular view. This happens in Fly II also but there is a glitch in that if you hotkey directly back to the cockpit from an external view, the sound will stay from the view position. Cycling through will then sync the sound with the appropriate view.

Guest InBetween

The "Q" key is for turning sound on and off; when I experiencethe sound anomilies you mention I just hit this key twice to fix it.JR

Similar problem here. Have 2 systems with windows XP and happens on both. It appears to be associated with Windows XP. Tried SoundBlaster Live Value card, SoundBlaster Live 5.1 and Audigy Gamer card and get same results :-( I have no problem using same sound cards in my WindowsMe system. Mostly happens when I start FlightSimulator(windowed) and/or click out of the FS window to do something on my desktop, and then click back into the FS window. Cycling through the views cures the problem. john(KEWB)