Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

FFG SAAB-340 trouble: anyone?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks.that plane is stunning but i have a trouble in taxiing (rudder) and in RPM (the engine is accelerated 60% all the time also with throttle set at minimum).Do i need a better air file?Any help greatly appreciatedcheersLuigi ;-)

1. What exactly is the problem with the rudder? It's a bit sluggish but you can compensate for that by applying the rudder for less time.2. Most turboprop aircraft can accelerate at idle thrust, that's why there is a Feather function (ctrl F1 to reduce Prop to lowest setting and then press ctrl F2 once to feather enough to stop acceleration). It's a real engine and brake choreography. :)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Mattew,what i like better of FS is the fact that day by day i learnmore about this "MAGIC" whole thing; didn't know a lot about props feather :-( can you please explain in simple words what feather means?Thanks a lot; back to the manuals now................cheersLuigi ;-)

The way I think of feathering a prop is by applying a brake to it, much like you would in a car. I don't know exactly how it works, but from what I can see that's how it acts in FS.One good example of how feathering works is if you take the default King Air with engines on and then shut them off with no feathering (ctrl shift F1). It takes forever for them to stop. :-) If you do the same thing, except feather the props, they stop within a matter of seconds.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Loud and clear Matt,thank you very much.cheersLuigi ;-)