Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

ERJ-145 trend lines

I just LOVE!!!!!!! the altitude and speed trendlines in the ERJ PFD. For me , they suddenly make flying jets EASY!! Before this aircraft, I was always way behind the action in jets when flying with no autothrottle. I have never seen them before on any other panel-- are they unique to the real life ERJ or just the ERJ panel by Bill Grabowski.?

Guest Martin

>I have never seen >them before on any other panel-- are they unique to the real >life ERJ or just the ERJ panel by Bill Grabowski.? If we are thinking about the same thing, it's not unique - most modern jets have the speed trend vectors (I believe that's what they're called?), like the 747-400, 767, or 777, and I think the Airbuses too.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

>I think Barry's point is that other FS aircraft don't >implement trend lines. >Well, if you have 767PIC and use the Pegasus style EADI then there are speed-trend lines and they are implemented. In the regular EADI there are no trend lines in real life any you won't find them in the PIC either. I can't speak for other products but I believe any professionally-done panel add-on for FS must implement trend lines if they exist in real life otherwise the quality of such addon is questionable.Michael J.

>are they unique to the real >life ERJ or just the ERJ panel by Bill Grabowski.? Barry,Think for a moment. Would Bill "invent" trend lines to make your flying easier or would he rather try to recreate the panel with the outmost realism ? Which one do you think it is ? ;-)Michael J.

Are there trend line on Meggit displays ? Certainly the pictures above do not show any trend lines for speed or altitude - this vertical white bar is nothing else than VSI. Or am I missing something ?Michael J.

Guest JeanLuc_

Actually the Meggit Avionics does have a trend vector. The screenshot does not depict it because the speed might be steady (the trend vector is derived from the instantaneous acceleration, to compute a 5 seconds ahead - usualy- speed). Thus, a constant speed leads to a null acceleration vector.Hope this helps!

>>are they unique to the real >>life ERJ or just the ERJ panel by Bill Grabowski.? >>Barry, >>Think for a moment. Would Bill "invent" trend lines to make >your flying easier or would he rather try to recreate the >panel with the outmost realism ? Which one do you think it >is ? ;-) >>Michael J. You have not correctly interpreted what I am trying to say !! :)Question 1 -- are they unique to the real life ERJ ? - The answer appears to be NO -- they are used in other jet a/c.Question 2 -- are they unique to Bills' Panel? - The jury is still out on this one - although one poster has said that they exist in the 767PIC a/c panel -- are there any other panels with this implemented?I don't believe there was a third question with any kind of implication that Bills' panel has not been created with the utmost realism.-- maybe I should have added the word "only " after the first part of the question.How are you going to answer this question? - is the pushback gauge unique to the ERJ or just the ERJ panel? Please don't answer and tell me that Bill included an unreal gauge in the panel -- Shock horror!!Barry

Barry, yes, simple answer, there are quite a few with speed trend vector lines implemented. Off the top of my head, the PSS Airbus, 744 and 777 all have them, as does the DF734 (in a rather fetching shade of green). I'm sure there are others if someone can be bothered to do the research. They are a standard glass-cockpit feature.AndyEGTR

>Barry, yes, simple answer, there are quite a few with speed >trend vector lines implemented. Off the top of my head, the >PSS Airbus, 744 and 777 all have them, as does the DF734 (in >a rather fetching shade of green). I'm sure there are others >if someone can be bothered to do the research. They are a >standard glass-cockpit feature. >>Andy >EGTR Geez!!! Andy . -- I really must get my questions EXACT!!!! :)Thanks for your reply -- but I meant any "freeware" panels with this implemented other than the ERJ!! :(