Sign in to follow this  
Guest Miro Majcen

"FlightCraft Simulations..."

Guys,I'm kinda shocked that I read the front page and it says FlightCraft Simulations Vulcan? Did I miss something or has someone not heard of my own FlightCraft before this? All views accepted, what should I do now that some group have copied the name, further more, we'll end up getting all the support problems because that FlightCraft isn't my, or rather, your FlightCraft found at http://flightcraft.avsim.netRegards,Adam NardoneFlightCraft

Guest Miro Majcen

Adam, we asked for an explanation and we will report on it when we recieve the answer. Best regards, Miro MajcenSenior Managing Editor AVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com

Miro,Thanks for that update, I've never heard of this group before and I know for a fact it isn't one of my members posting such news, any updates greatly appriciated, keep up the good work!Regards,Adam NardoneFlightCraft

Adam,Only just spotted your post after starting another about the news.Thanks for the 'heads up' that it is not your group, I await developments with interest.

Vulcan,Cheers for that, I hope to be updated ASAP by the AVSIM team but I'm still a little worried as one group will be changing it's name.Regards,Adam NardoneFlightCraft

>Guys, >>I'm kinda shocked that I read the front page and it says >FlightCraft Simulations Vulcan? Did I miss something or has >someone not heard of my own FlightCraft before this? All >views accepted, what should I do now that some group have >copied the name, further more, we'll end up getting all the >support problems because that FlightCraft isn't my, or >rather, your FlightCraft found at >http://flightcraft.avsim.net >>Regards, >>Adam Nardone >FlightCraft I think I can help out a little here:"Royal Navy Aviation Collection Review"Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2002 - 21:53"AVSIM Online Staff Reviewer Robert Whitwell had the challenge of testing 21 aircraft types in reviewing FlightCraft Simulations'..." That's AVSIM's review of Flightcraft Simulations' first product which was released 1st August 2001.This is from Adam's site:"FlightCraft is a freeware aircraft design group specializing in design for the Microsoft Flight Simulator series. Initially formed in February 2002,..."I don't want to pick a fight with anyone here, indeed, as one of the significant number of disgruntled ex-VFR Scenery founders, I have no axe to grind in that direction. However, the authors of the Vulcan do seem to have been the first to use the name. Kind regards,Paul Michaels

Thanks for that update but with no offence meant to the Flightcraft simulations team. I will not change the name of my own group. As for Flightcraft Simulations, I'd never heard of them until this occured!Regards,Adam NardoneFlightCraft

Guest Miro Majcen

Adam, i would suggest you contact them and sort this one our directly trough email. I am sure you wil be able to work it out so both sides will be happy. Best regards, Miro MajcenSenior Managing EditorAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com

Guest wathomas777

But really, unless either of you have a copyright, or have registered your business under that name, you really have no legal leg to stand on.I once created a VA called Emerald Air for Pro Pilot. I did not know if it was used already or not. But had someone actually incorporated that name and copyrighted it, I would have been out of luck.If you try and copyright the name now, you may have a challenge, because it is clear that the other "group" used the name prior to you. So even if you do apply for copyright, they may be able to challenge you.And besides, I find your attitude a bit disturbing. You started out this thread claiming that someone had "copied" or "stolen" your name. But when confronted with some evidence that perhaps they had use of the name first, you get defensive and claim that "you had never heard of them" and that "you weren't changing the name of YOUR group over this".Oh and one final thing. The package referred to above was NOT a freeware package, but rather a COMMERCIAL package, so it is quite possible that they have legal claim to the FlightCraft Simulations title. I worked for a company called Apex PC Solutions. Do a search of the internet and find out how many "Apex's" there are. That's because the word Apex is not copyrightable, And yes, we often had to take the call from the person complaining about their DVD player.If you choose to continue to use FlightCraft as your name, be prepared to deal with the errant customer who has contacted the wrong company. Or else change your name. But seeing that their product has already been sold commercially, it's very unlikely you will be able to have their name "forcibly" changed. And since FlightCraft isn't a public domain word like "Apex" it's quite likely that any attempt to forcibly change their name will result in you being forced to change yours. Any way. The AVSIM forum is not the place to "hash" this out.

Guys,I'm kinda shocked that I read the front page and it says FlightCraft Simulations Vulcan? Did I miss something or has someone not heard of my own FlightCraft before this? All views accepted, what should I do now that some group have copied the name, further more, we'll end up getting all the support problems because that FlightCraft isn't my, or rather, your FlightCraft found at http://flightcraft.avsim.netRegards,Adam NardoneFlightCraft
Adam Nardone, The link above goes nowhere, could you please update your link?

Adam Nardone, The link above goes nowhere, could you please update your link?
This is an ancient thread and Flightcraft has been gone for many years...DJ