Sign in to follow this  

DF737, PIC767 or Phoenix 777 in multiple monitors ???

Hello,I have 2 computers and 3 monitors, what is the best aircraft to undock windows ? I love good gauges performance...Thanks,Ulisses

Another question:Can I run panels in a second computer ?Thanks again,Ulisses

Guest Lobaeux4

Tis very easy, I do it with PIC 767 and PSS A320. I've got a second video card installed and a smaller 15" monitor just to the right of my main monitor. Then I right-click on the panels I want displayed, (FMC and pedestal from PIC, FMC from A320) undock them and slide them over to my second monitor. Very easy, looks great and drives my wife crazy with the decrease in desk space. I need to hook up a third monitor, I've got one, just have to get a card to install it to, and mount it above my main monitor for the overhead panel. I've also got a laptop on the desk, hooked in to the net so I can check AVSIM forum sites, VATSIM display apps, servinfo and weather. It's the only way to fly. I just hope more developers realise that people use second and third monitors to display pop up windows and tailor their products towards that end.Lobaeux

Installing extra video cards in the FS computer doesn't decrease FS performance ? I did a test with a second monitor in my GF4ti4200 dual head and no problem at all, I loved it !Now I have a second computer here (PIII700 GF2MX) and I was thinking in use it for additional panels, do you think it's possible to use a second computer only for panels ???Thanks,Ulisses

Guest Lobaeux4

No, I haven't noticed a decrease in FPS with extra monitors. I know there will be an extra load on the processor, but don't think you'd really notice it in FPS, especially if you have a mid to high-end system.As far as using a seperate computer to display panels, not sure how you'd do it. I know you can use wideview to display outside views. You may check on project magenta or schiratti to see.Lobaeux

Hi Lobaeux,You are now doing what I want to do. I also hope to get a third monitor working. Do you find the 15" sufficient for FMC and pedestal from PIC? Are you thinking about a 17" for the overhead panel?Thanks,Robbie

Reading your post again, I saw you run everyhting in 1 computer.I want to run extra panels in a second COMPUTER, do you think it's possible.Anyone here using panels in another computer ?Thanks,Ulisses

Guest tcable

I do not do so , but I believe that it can be done using wideFS.TIm

Guest ba747heavy

I believe the program is called 'WideView' and is available at www.schirati.comClear skies

Yes, there is a program that allows you to network your computers to run FS2002. I would search this forum for threads, and don't forget the archives. Another very good source of info on this topic is Project Magenta. They developed their software with the intent that it be run on a second computer. With regards to planes, the FSD planes are very well designed for multi-monitors. On the Piper Cheyenne and the Commander both, you can undock the radio stack,the throttle quadrant and the overhead. Putting these on monitors 2 and/or 3 allows you to fly in virtual cockpit on 1 and never have to switch to the 2d panel. The Cheyanne also allows you to undock the engine gauges so you can have them on a separate monitor if you choose to zoom into the "sacred six."