Sign in to follow this  

Incredable Active Sky 1.5 !!!!

Hi all,Have been practising touch and goes at my home airport ESSA all evening. I thought that it would be a great idea to try out the new Active Sky also.When I started the temperature was around 0 dgr with scattered clouds. All of a sudden I noticed that it started to SNOW !!!! I didn

Staffan

Guest GabrielR

The same for me, I've been practicing during the afternoon in my home Airport, KMIA, very nice, I live very close to the Aiport, and the weather looked just like in FS2002. Great work!!

I agree totally...just loaded up ver 1.5, and did a touch and go at Bowerman Field, KHQM in Washington state...its foggy and overcast, and sure enough, I was IMC at 400 ft. Luckily for me there's an ILS here, so I made it safely home after only one go-round.Bob BernsteinEdmonds, Wa.

Guest joea

Hmmmmmm, can Acvite Sky download weather and store it offline (for example I am not connected to the net at home, so would have to go to work or school to download)?

Funny Joe I was just going to ask the same question, because I

Hi,ActiveSky (right now) is an online present-time weather tool that does not currently have offline file support. But I am working on that for the next version!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

How are those SMOOTH weather transitions looking on the feature priority list Damien???

Hii DamianI am looking forward to that upgrade. I would like to fly online, but as said before I

Guest Heather 636

Hello DamianI smile every time I read one of your replies, usually involving yet another upgrade. I smile because it makes me proud to have been one of your beta testers. Your perseverance with this program is what makes me do a mental thumbing of the nose and a raspberry to those who knock us freeware developers versus payware.I have nothing against payware, wish I could afford more of it. But I have memories of past threads where there are those who have all but claimed that freeware will never measure up in comparison.Well, to those who do, tthhhhhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb!!!Thanks Damian!It's been a privelege.Heather

Hi Staffan,Ya, I know what you mean about the snow. Soon the darkness will be here as well. We always have hot coffee at Hamburger B

Vl3MQY.png

Damian,Great stuff!A suggestion........Might you be able to add a variable for rain that automatically reduces vis to say 3 miles or so?Often the meters report vis at the standard 10sm and mention rain. But when its raining hard, its difficult to see 10sm.Am I right here or wrong? And if right, any chances?Thanks and again, great program!Michael

Guest Martin

>Just pray that your snow keeps on coming. :) Oh shut up! ;-)Ice everywhere, power outages, changing car tires, trains that stop for hours... just pray the sky stays blue and "merciless"! :-lolBUT: It is nice with some interesting weather in FS!Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Rizzibird

That is some great news Damian! What would FS world without freeware developers?Nejc

Guest GiZBUG

HOw is this any different or better than FSMEteo?