Sign in to follow this  

Incredable Active Sky 1.5 !!!!

Guest Edam

Originally posted by GIZBUG..."How is this any different or better than FSMeteo?"Have any of you compared the two for differences in accuracy? I would like to know the results.

Guest B1900 Mech

What are the differences between Active Sky and FS Meteo?

It is very difficult to see the differences between both as they both do a similar job. The only area that FSmeteo "appears" to have an edge is with winds aloft outside the US and the ability to download and save a weather file. So a plus to FSmeteo.On the other hand, I have always had constant connection problems to the FSMeteo server which in turn "can" slow down framerates on occassions. ActiveSky appears to update and transition more smoothly than FSMeteo provided you have tweaked it correctly though the FSUIPC settings now available. Big pluses for ActiveSky.My natural reaction is to defend my decision to purchase FSMeteo and talk myself into believing that FSMeteo is better. However, common sense, my overall requirements AND the dedication that Damian is showing to the long term development of ActiveSky says to me that ActiveSky will end up being the better overall product.IF I did not currently own FSMeteo and knowing what I do about both programmes, I would not be purchasing FSMeteo. Who said that freeware is dead? It is just as good and I suspect will very shortly become that much better.

The other difference i note is for stations outside US and europe where the metar format is different activesky gives "PARSEERRROR" message on the METAR readout bar.Santanu Nandy

LOL Barry!Beeing another one of those Swedes I

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden