Sign in to follow this  
hookandbook2

B717 story: crappy headline

Can you possibly find a way of writing your story about B717 instead of saying that it's "dead"?Words like "dead" in this context first of all misrepresents what happened, which was that Boeing decided not to build any additional B717 airliners beyond the current set of orders. Second, it's titillating, and that cheapens your story, making it embarrasing to read. Third, it's just in bad taste, making the reader jump to the idea that maybe some people had been killed in an airplane crash - at least that's what I first thought, and after chatting with a few others I know I'm not the only one who had this initial reaction.You could have done exactly the same story with "Boeing discontinues B717" which would have conveyed the idea of the story and generated the sense of nostalgia I think you were intending.

Embarrassing? Titillating? Nostalgia? He must have read a different news item! If you want to get smart and use long words you should at least get them in the right context. I think this was an excellently worded news item. Keep up the good work Avsim.

lol...I like how you left out the fact that Airlines are simply not ordering the B717. Nice spin...but I see right through it.Kind readers, you must sell/build a certain amount of planes each quarter (or fiscal year, however you want to calculate it) to remain profitable. The B717 is not profitable, same with the 757 line.THE B717 IS DEADMikeP.S. Good article AVSIM. Not for a second did I think people died...lol