Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Radar Contact v.3...

Guest abent

Where does one get the latest information, assuming there has been any released? I've never really been able to find much info at all. Does anyone know if there is a website that might have some current info? On the radarcontact website I only see stuff about v.2.2. I won't bother to ask about a release date. Just really more interested in its features and interface.Thanks, Adam :-)

Guest abent

Thank you very much guys for the link. It sounds amazing!I didn't see anything about the user interface. Will it be a series of drop down menus such as the existing FS ATC menus? Or is it likely to be a series of key inputs that must be memorized? I haven't even seen a version of RC in use. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this program! :-yellow1 Thanks again,Adam

version 3 uses peter dowson's advdisp.dll to provide a small 1 square inch window, with 5 menu items, a navigation line (what, how far, what heading to your next checkpoint). looks something like this

jd@jdtllc.com [table border=2 bgcolor=#000000" bordercolorlight="#FF9933" bordercolordark="#FF9933][tr][td]http://www.jdtllc.com/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td] Co-Developer of Radar Contact V3] the premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest abent

Thanks jd.That's great. Hopefully they will make a transparent version!Adam

Guest abent

Sorry jd, I should have said hopefully you guys will make a transparent one, seeing that you're a co-developer! I've gotta be a little more observant! :-lol Adam

that would have to come from peter dowson. we've asked, he's not thrilled with the idea. either are the beta testers, or most of the people i talk to. they like the little box, they can put it anywhere on the panel, change colors, fonts, backgrounds, etc. lot of things you can do with it.

jd@jdtllc.com [table border=2 bgcolor=#000000" bordercolorlight="#FF9933" bordercolordark="#FF9933][tr][td]http://www.jdtllc.com/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td] Co-Developer of Radar Contact V3] the premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Hi JD and all,As well as using AdvDisp for RC3 info you can also direct the information to a utility called ShowText. This is a separate executable and also allows you to size the font and window to whatever size you like. If you have a separate monitor it's a nice alternative.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Scott Campbell

AdvDisp also works on a separate monitor, but Showtext works across a network.

Hi Scott,Yup, couldn't disagree with any of that. :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather