Sign in to follow this  

How do I set ATC traffic percent for different airports

This is more of a general FS2002 AI ATC settings question, not directly related to ProjectAI.I installed most of the official PAI packages and they are working OK. The problem I'm having is that I am not getting much traffic at some major US airports (i.e. KMIA, KMCO, KFLL, KEWR) while at other airports (i.e. KATL) I get way too much traffic.My FS2002 ATC percent setting is 70%, but I've tried different settings from 50% all the way to 100%. For instance, at 70% percent (a not too aggressive setting), I get very very scattered traffic at my home airport KMIA, as well as some of my most frequented destinations (KMCO, KEWR, KFLL). However, when I fly to KATL, it is almost impossible to land there without having to go-around at least once due to landing traffic. And when departing KATL, it is not unusual to have 10 or more aircraft waiting for takeoff with a solid flow of planes on final most of which need to go around.So here's the question: is there a way under FS2002 to manually adjust the traffic percent to a lower percent value at a specific airport (say 45% at KATL) and keep the rest of the airports at a higher percent such as 75-80%?Thank you in advance,Kerke

Yes..... this is a continuing befuddlemet to me also....As far as I know there is no easy way to adjust traffic for individual airports other than deleting half the flightplans. Like you I find too much traffic at the hubs and not enough at the others. I fly in europe and as long as I stay away from the major hubs, heathrow, paris etc I can set the percentage high and still have a few aircraft around at most of the airports. Although at my home airport there are none whatsoever... I think that as more flight plans and airlines are developed things will even out. In the meantime.. I will continue to be fuddled!:-)Pete

There is a way, it is time consuming. Use TTools to decompile your Traffic.bgl. Rename the flightplans.txt to flightplans.csv. Open in Excel and sort by column H. All the airports should now be grouped together. Change each airports %'s to what you want them to be. Then recompile with ttools.Cas