Sign in to follow this  

POSKY CRJ-200 FDE Updates?

The new POSKY CRJ-200s are one of my favorite FS2002 planes. The visual model is incredible. However, I have a hard time taxiing, flying and landing these birds both hand-flying and even with the auto-pilot. Perhaps I have been spoiled by flying aircraft such as the PIC767 and Flight1 Cessna 421C which have excellent flight dynamics.Are there any POSKY or 3rd party FDE updates out there for the CRJ-200 series?

I actually thought that the POSKY CRJ-200's were easy to fly (i.e. thought maybe the flight dynamics were too unrealistic).Heres some help on taking off/landing:Taking off: Add one notch of flaps and begin rotation 120 (raise the nose slowly and stop at 5deg). Once airborne retract the gear and allow airspeed to build until 200kts or so. Pitch up to 15deg and this should hold around 210-220. At 1000' agl retract flaps, bring power to about 85-90% N1 and pitch for 240-245.Landing: On downwind (~ 4,000 - 5,000' agl) chop power (min N1 is around 24%). Maintain level flight to bleed airspeed off. Below 200kts add first notch of flaps. Turn base and pitch for 170. Add second notch and pitch for 150 while dropping the gear. On final two opions.....Drop 3rd notch and pitch for 125-130, chop power abeam the threshold. Pitching for 125-130 should be about 5-7deg up and plane will settle down close to 1000' markers, orPitch for 130-135 and reduce power slowly from 1mi in. Power should be all out by threshold and plane should settle nicely.Power to maintain these final pitches should be between 45-60% N1.Upon touchdown deploy spoilers and reverse thrusters. I can get the airplane in on 4000' runways.Of course I feel I'm flying this like a single piston airplane, so if any CRJ pilots out there let me know how I can adjust this.

These aircraft I would rate as being up there with the best available. Great flight model, great VC and my favorite aircraft to fly at the moment. Go get it if you dont have it.I recommend cxsnz.zip sound files made for the Citation.CheersPete

>I actually thought that the POSKY CRJ-200's were easy to fly >(i.e. thought maybe the flight dynamics were too >unrealistic). We must be talking about totally different aitcraft. My POSKY Delta Comair CRJ-200 does not fly too well at all.>Taking off: Add one notch of flaps and begin rotation 120 >(raise the nose slowly and stop at 5deg). Once airborne >retract the gear and allow airspeed to build until 200kts or >so. Pitch up to 15deg and this should hold around 210-220. >At 1000' agl retract flaps, bring power to about 85-90% N1 >and pitch for 240-245. That's exactly what I try to do, trouble is my POSKY CRJ-200 has more power than a rocket and once airborn it gains speed at an incredible rate, it gets to 250 in a blink of an eye. Way too overpowered where I've heard from real CRJ-200 drivers that the real bird is more of the oposite.>Landing: On downwind (~ 4,000 - 5,000' agl) chop power (min >N1 is around 24%). Maintain level flight to bleed airspeed >off. Below 200kts add first notch of flaps. Turn base and >pitch for 170. Add second notch and pitch for 150 while >dropping the gear. On final two opions..... I should take an external side spot picture of my POSKY CRJ-200 flying at 3000 AGL with only 15% fuel on the tanks at 210 KIAS and one knotch of flaps: the nose up attitude is very high, I mean much higher than normal. On final leg, at 160-180 KIAS and 20 degree flaps, the nose up attitude is way up, it looks more like my aircraft is taking off instead than landing.>Drop 3rd notch and pitch for 125-130, chop power abeam the >threshold. Pitching for 125-130 should be about 5-7deg up >and plane will settle down close to 1000' markers, or At this point on final, 125-130 KIAS at around 1000, my CRJ-1000 is quite hard to control, with the nose reacting violently to the minimun elevator touch -- pretty much like the default FS2002 aircraft or actually worse.>Pitch for 130-135 and reduce power slowly from 1mi in. Power >should be all out by threshold and plane should settle >nicely. Yeap, my power is completely out and the plane does not want to slow down, it feels like it wants to go back up and go around, but settle nicely my CRJ-200 does not.>Power to maintain these final pitches should be between >45-60% N1. Upon touchdown deploy spoilers and reverse thrusters. I can get the airplane in on 4000' runways.Mine is actually quite hard to slow down to a normal taxi speed, I have to use the parking break!>Of course I feel I'm flying this like a single piston >airplane, so if any CRJ pilots out there let me know how I >can adjust this.I apreciate your reply and input but IMHO my CRJ-200's flight dynamics are not up to refined FDE quality such as the PIC767 or the Flight1 Cessna 421C. The visual model though is top notch.Best regards from Miami

Just downloaded oscrj_dcca.zip....is this the culprit?I realized I was using a CRJ-100. But this download was the POSKY Comair one.I noticed it to be a little fast but my original post stands.All I did was takeoff from KCLT on runway 36R and climb to 5000' then turn right to 230 (I'm downwind now for 5). Landed on 5.On takeoff: Pitch for 20 stopped my airspeed at 200 (N1 ~ 104%). At 1000' agl drop N1 to 80-90% and remove flaps pitch for 240 (~10 pitch). Based on my time in airplanes these pitches seem probable.Landing: With this model I was on idle the whole way down (very unrealistic), however I just maintained 140 and landed fine. Make sure airspeed is below 140 or you will just go all the way down the runway in ground effect.I can email you the 100 .cfg/.air file and you can try that one if you like?

Guest kdfw

I agree, it's a great airplane. VC is quite good (except the yoke and seats are too far back from the panel).I also noticed that the VC is taxing on the frame rate. Not sure why.Pat

Hi all. I've had the same problems flying the CRJ and have finally given up. No matter what configurations/techniques I use I cannot get it to slow down. I'm not by any means a jet pilot in real life (just a lowly CFII), but it seems to me the plane is way overpowered.Yes, I have problems stuttering with VC too. However the visual model of the a/c is fantastic!Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I love the VC, but Im using active camera as well, that makes all the difference, set your seating distance in the VC to what ever you like, also I use a latency setting of 0.5 which is perfect for me but of course experiment and find the setting that suits you.I just now installed Air Canada Jazz ( On the Avsim front page )Beautiful....And once again Arron Swindles superb Citation sounds suits this aircraft very nicley. Search for cxsnz.zipCheersPete