Sign in to follow this  

RSS feeds

Any possibility/plans to publish AVSIM news as a RSS feed ?So that everybody with an RSS newsreader will be happy....

We will look into it. The problem has been that in the past when we looked at providing RSS, it would have required a total redisgn of our site, and we have neither the manpower, time or inclination to do that. If I can find a template that works in SHTML, I will have a go at it, but don't expect anything soon; we have our hands full at the moment on other thanks.

Guest flightmike1

I too would love this functionality, I was about to post the same topic. Hopefully you can work something out.

Guest R5D4

With firefox providing built in RSS functionality so that news stories can be browsed from the toolbar I want to add my voice. See simflight ... & click the orange square in the bottom right corner of the browser :-)

Just another voice to add. I too would love to see Avsim provide an RSS feed.

Yes, PLEASE add RSS !!It will bring you A LOT more visitors once other sites start using it!I assume your news is stored in a database?? Then it would not be hard to create a feed, very simple really. It's something all large websites have today!

>I assume your news is stored in a database?? Then it would not>be hard to create a feed, very simple really.Exactly, you can probably create the RSS syndication by connecting directly to the datasource, no need to weave it into the pagecode. Depending on how you store your data, this should be fairly easy. If you describe what technology (primarily what database) you are using to store AVSIM's news, I bet you'll get a ton of responses on how to implement RSS.Since this is in the "Letters to Editorial Staff" category, I also want to say a big Thank You to the AVSIM staff for providing us with this great site. Our hobby wouldn't be the same without it...RSS would help a lot of us to keep better track of the newsflow and would no doubt increase traffic.

I would love to see an RSS feed also. I use them constantly for other sites.I thought I had located one for Avsim that seemed to work for awhile sometime ago but I can't seem to locate it now. I think it either disappeared or was just an illusion.Surely there's a friendly "Geek" somewhere who has the know how to make it happen.Thanks.