Sign in to follow this  

flickering stars

When i fly at night all the stars in the sky kind of flash. it is very irritating because they all look like traffic. Do you all got this effect. What can i do about it?

Guest sidewinder

yeah i get this too, i dont know if there is a fix or anythingany1...

Hi GuysI also had this problem and found out that my AA settings effected this. In the GeForce tweak utility I would get "sparkling stars" when ever I used Quincunx AA with certain drivers! When I would switch to 4S or 3x3lod they stopped flickering!! I have a GeForce 3 and I am using 28.90 drivers at present. I hope this helps you out.If it doesn't let me know what settings you are using and drivers and I will try to help you get rid of the annoying flickering!Regards Wayne

>When i fly at night all the stars in the sky kind of flash. >it is very irritating because they all look like traffic. >Do you all got this effect. no --- I don't.

it is less with 4s setting but it is still there. my settings are:lod - 0,5anisotropy level 4AA level 4The rest of the setting are default I use rivatuner.Iam running the 40.72 drivers.

Hi KimoIf you are using Riva Tuner you can first uncheck your antialiasing in FS2002 also change to Bilinear texturing and crank up your lighting effects. Also try to play around with the AGP fast writes by unchecking some of the options like fast writes strap etc. See what happens! you can always switch back! You might want to try some older drivers for some of the newer ones do some stange things on different systems. If it did not do it before with a different driver than that would be a start!Hope this helpsWayne

Thanks for the tips Iam gonna try it right now.

You do realize stars flicker in real life don't you? ;-) Look up at the sky on a nice clear dark night away from city lights.

Yes but they go on and off. It doesnt look real.And my problem is still there I tried the 30.XX drivers but it didn`t make any difference. It only occurs when the plane is in movement. When Iam standing still everything is fine.