Sign in to follow this  

emma field

Guest emergency_pants

I bought Emma Field lat night. Very nice Airfield!!!!!So I took a flight down to Mt.St.Helens, which was one of the first flights I've taken in this part of the World. I took the Marchetti SF260 (only just enough runway to get her out of Emma field!!!...phew!) down to Mount St Helens and from there, took the Bell to the summit and put her down to admire the view. Nice.Can anyone give me some pointers on other interesting and challenging flights I can take from Emma Field? Of course, I want to explore myself, but I'm sure there are folks out there who know of cool places to fly to/from/over which I would never find in such a HUGE landscape!Also, now that I'm embarking on an area highly populated by simmers, can anyone give me some advice on what addon scenery is worth a download & install?Now that I've purchased this scenery, I ought to make it my base for the time being.I think I might be in for a treat in this part of the World.Cheers,SImon.

Guest SIX

Hey Simon,Welcome to the world of Bush flying.Have you check out Bush Flying Unlimited? www.avsim.com/bfuYou can get on the forums for BFU and there are jobs posted all the time which are challenging to say the least. On the sceneries, there are many home-made sceneries which are almost as good as payware, in many instances. Between aircraft and scenery there is more than 220 mb of BFU related files on avsim. Check it out ;)-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorAOL IM: dal276whBush Flying Unlimited: SIXUVI014 "Heavy"http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest emergency_pants

Hi Wilson,Thanks for the tips... I do check-in to the BFU forum from time to time and check out the flights. But I never got around to trying many of them. I live in the UK and have always wanted to exhaust my European touring before moving on... but I still haven't (and think I never will!) so I thought I'd try something new, in addition to my RTW flights, Round Switzerland tour, British Isles Tour, Australasia Tour... heavens above.. there's just not enough hours to cover all this flying!!! Especially considering the small amount of flying time I get!I didn't realise there was a set of pages here at AVSim just for BFU sceneries!! Cool! It seems like Naji Chehabeddine is the man to look for when it comes to Bush scenery!!! Are Naji's sceneries all I need or are there other names I should run a search for?Thanks again. I'm looking forward to some fresh vistas!Simon.

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Simon, You might like to add my two free 30m mesh samples covering most of the Olympic National Park (which includes the Emma Field area) and the adjacent Seattle region. This high resolution mesh makes the entire region much more interesting to explore. Especially with a helicopter!www.fs-traveler.com/downloads.htmlSteve

Guest SIX

Your right about Naji, he is the main man, however if you would just search for Alaska you would get a ton of stuff. Remember, Alaska is not only way up north, it also comes way down south near the US border with WA state. Also, search for PAKT scenery.-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorAOL IM: dal276whBush Flying Unlimited: SIXUVI014 "Heavy"http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest SIX

Steve is on the money again. MESH scenery is real bonus. I have fsgenesis that covers the US, Alaska and Yukon and brother let me tell you, it is a definate difference. For PAKT there is also a LANDCLASS update that is in the library for the surrounding area, makes for a nice scene-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorAOL IM: dal276whBush Flying Unlimited: SIXUVI014 "Heavy"http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest Lizardo

There's UK "bush" flying at BFU too! And just below BFU is "Alaskan Bush Charters" forum :-)

Emma Field Rocks! It's too bad that it's only in one spot ;-)))

Guest RobK

You might want to check out Lago's GeoRender1 scenery too which contains Flying M ranch and Ranger Creek. Flying M is located in Northern Oregan just south of Portland and Ranger Creek is located a little ways east of Emma Field nestled in the mountains just north of Mt. Ranier. Ranger Creek is pretty challenging to fly in and out of. I usually like to make short hops between Flying M, Ranger Creek and Emma Field. :)Rob

It's not super interesting, but lately I've been running my DC3 between Renton (KRNT I believe) and Emma field. It's about 20nm one way or so IIRC.I highly recommend the meshes and landclass updates available for the Puget Sound region. They really make flying more interesting as the default scenery doesn't have nearly enough topographical change. I found all my downloads from Avsim download section.

>Emma Field Rocks! It's too bad that it's only in one spot >;-))) For now... We are working on other airports (some even in the region). How about an airport at 6000 feet where it can get VERY warm. Can you say Density Alitutude?Mathijs KokLAGO

Guest Ken Meier

The Tacoma Narrows (KTIW) is excellent by Bob Bernstein and is done with real photographic images from the actual airport. He has also done several others for FS 2000 all in the northwest, close to Emma and is actively working to get them updated for FS 2002. They all work with FS2002, but the ground gets a bit bumpy depending on which plane you are in. All are available here in the library, just do a search for his name.K

For now... We are working on other airports (some even in the region). How about an airport at 6000 feet where it can get VERY warm. Can you say Density Alitutude?Density Altitude ;-)Sounds great, can't wait!

Thanks for the info Ken, will have a look ;-)