Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

Push Back Probs (Really Simple Question)

I have noticed from day 1 of flying with FS2002 that you should be able to control the direction of the push back. The default keys for this are the "1" and "2" keys, or atleast so I think.Unfortunately I cannot turn to the left or to the right, only straight backwards. This has caused problems when using large aircraft in tight spots....I am sure I am missing something really simple (key assignments or a tick somewhere):( :(.Simply put how do I turn the plane during pushback??????Thx in advance for any help.Jonathan Boshuizen

Hi Jonathan,After hitting Shft+P, together, immediately hit either the 1 (for the tail to turn left) or 2 (tail right) key on top of the keyboard - don't use the keypad. Then wait, as the plane will go back one fuselage length before it will start to turn. It should then turn 90 degrees and then continue straight back until you hit Shft+P again.Hope it helps.

Yeah, you have to hit the 1 or 2 immediatly after hitting shift P or else it will not work.

Thanks guys,I usually press "shift+P" and then wait a while and then start pressing the 1 and 2 keys.No wonder my insesent smashing the 1 and 2 keys did not help anything.Greetz,Jonathan

>try FSVC tips : making FS2002 pushback steering work >properly 1-2-3-4 >you can even use : shift-3 and shift-4 >>http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_showall.asp?...%20and%20Tricks Hey, many thanks for that link, I had no idea that '3' & '4' worked.Just to add to this, most add-ons seem NOT to work with the default push-back keys so it has been suggested to select another key that does not need a 'qualifier' such as SHIFT.I use 'R' (for reverse), the '1' & '2' should still work for turns.

Guest Edam

>Yeah, you have to hit the 1 or 2 immediatly after hitting >shift P or else it will not work. You don't have to hit it immediately. You can wait as long as you need to. I wait until I am an aircraft length away from the turn, then hit 1 for the tail to turn right, and 2 for the tail to turn left.Example: When I get the ENTIRE message "follow the path drawn on the runway," I hit "S" three times, then keypad 5 for topview, then "-" as many times as necessary to zoom out. Then I hit Shift-P and wait to make the turn as described. It works everytime for me.

well, that's nice that it works for you, doesn't for me ;-) If I wait more that a couple seconds, I have to hit shift p to stop the plane then hit shift p again along with the 1 or 2 right away to get it to turn.

Guest Edam

>well, that's nice that it works for you, doesn't for me ;-) >If I wait more that a couple seconds, I have to hit shift p >to stop the plane then hit shift p again along with the 1 or >2 right away to get it to turn. Were any of your keys reconfigured? Also, I have had to stop the push back, on occasion, when I've inadvertantly hit another key, other than the proper ones, during it. This is a problem that many people seem to have, but I confirmed what I posted before hitting that "post message" button. It seems that there must be a simple, common problem with this, it just needs to be found as to why some people have it, and some don't.