Sign in to follow this  

Doubled My Ram-Now FS2002 Locks up ;-)

Guest WorkingStiff

Try putting the RAM in slots 1 and 3.Some brands of memory misbehave when they are mounted adjacent to each other.

thanks, I'll try that. I was thinking about that when I installed it, but went with the suggested slot 1 & 2 from the memory instructions.I'll try 1 & 3.thanks again!

Hi Fred,Download this small utility memtesthttp://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.htmlYou can run this with both stick installed or with just one stick individually if you want to determine which one is bad. Leave test to run until reaches 10000%. With two sticks installed experiment with different mem bank configurations 1+2, 1+3, 2+3....If you get error doesn

Fred, can your power supply handle the additional load?If you are at the edge, another 256 Meg might just push you over..Try running with just one stick and then the other... if they both work great, I'd suspect the power supply next..ps... also try to run with the covers off the case to see if it is overheating..

Bert

Thanks for all the replys. I ran that utility to test my ram last night, but when I woke up it was only at 45%? It said no errors at that time, but I had to shut it down. Maybe I'll try it again tonight.I should think my power supply can handle the ram, it's 300w I believe.thanks again! I'd really like to blame all this on Win XP as I never experienced as many problems with this game as I have since i got the new system with WinXP installed ;-)

Amount of memory that you are testing should be less than total amount of memory that you have in your system. So if you are testing 512MB installed memory give memtest 350 MB for testing.Crucial 256Mb ram sticks are rated for CL 2.5 timing so check in BIOS CAS latency setting. If nothing helps you can still replace those two sticks and get one 512MB.

If you had bad ram your bios would let you know in the post test . If you have DDR ram the only thing you have to worry about is making sure that both sticks are DDR 2700 . Next step I would take before assuming that it's ram related is to flash the bios to the lastes version .If this still does not do the trick you might have a bad DIMM slot on the motherboard itselfRichard Dillon KPDKSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta TeamPAI beta tester ____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

What is your operating system?When running on ME or 2000 you have to put two values in your system.ini file.