Sign in to follow this  

MYTraffic...Could Be The Best...

Hi All,Last week I installed MYTraffic.( It took two minutes to install ) Since that day my flight simming has been great with all the AI and ATC controlling to taxiways as well as the busy skys. In other words I have traffic EVERYWHERE on the ground and in the skies taking-off and landing. Please do not get me wrong I did have AI before MYTraffic was installed, but now it is WOW! with AI. IMHO is should be voted one of the best add-ons for FS2002. It has my vote. This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind Regardshttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav700_banner.gif

Vl3MQY.png

Simple question. What makes it better than Project AI?Cas

Guest GabrielR

and outside of the US?Sometimes I feel like landing in one of those beautiful South american sceneries....or in Asia...How does it compare with the wonderful, yet imcomplete PAI?

I too enjoy mytraffic and would even more if my computer had not crashed. I have only one question. Do I still need to add gates and parking via AFCAD because I don't feel that I see enough planes.

Guest SIX

I have been carefully watching this product. I am interested but wary of it's claims. If it does what it purports to do I am highly intersted and will buy.I will want some kind of add-on that makes the AI ATC a bit more relaxed on some of the rules, for example: 1. I should be able to re-file an IFR if I step away from my computer and they cancel my IFR clearance. 2. I should be able to be in mid-flight and change my plan.and all sorts of things like that.-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorAOL IM: dal276whBush Flying Unlimited: SIXUVI014 "Heavy"http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

>Simple question. What makes it better than Project AI? >>Cas I would be interested in this as well.

Question for ya Cas. I installed Project AI it it seemed to replace all my flight plans that I had changed for my new liveries. Being unhappy with this I uninstalled it and replaced the flight plans file back with a copy of the one I created before I installed it. My question is did I give Project AI a far shake? Or is it true that project AI will over write your current flight plan file instead of adding to your file? Example was I went to Hub cities and changed the liveries to match planes that use those cities as hubs (Continental in IAH,EWR American in DFW, Northwest in Detroit etc).Kilstorm

...it works!! ProjectAI never worked for me, even after following the somewhat less than intuitive directions for their "auto" installer. I know I'm not alone in this. Also, MyTraffic automatically took care of the multiple runways and AFCAD stuff that I knew I would never get around to myself.The downside? Most of my GA traffic seems to be gone. I've got ATC set at 100% now but Aspen (KASE) is all but abandoned. It used to be wall-to-wall Learjets there before (like reallife!). I wish they had used real schedules too but otherwise I am thrilled.David

Probably the ease of installation but I still prefer PAI since that is what I have been using for months. I have over 1000 aircraft in my aircraft.txt file now, plus another large amount not even being used currently until flightplans are available. 1.7 GB of space being used for PAI repaints.But i do think MyTraffic looks like a good addon for those who don't want to spend hours messing with AI traffic setups.

Hi All,Concerning more traffic at other airports using MYTraffic; soon from my understanding an " editor " will be out. That means you can place aircraft where you like. Judgeing from the ease of MYTraffic, one can only think the " editor " will be just as easy to use...at least I hope so. This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind Regardshttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav700_banner.gif

Vl3MQY.png

MyTraffic sounds like an interesting product. Where can one obtain a copy?Tnx

Guest captbulldog

How do you do that? I'd like to have lots of PAI traffic too but I have only about 7-8 liveries from their auto-installers. I don't know how to install the unofficial ones. :(

When the Base Proect AI file is installed it will overwrite whatever you have for traffic. BUT! individual AI packs will not. So install the base pack, add your routes, then install the Project AI packs you want.Cas