Sign in to follow this  

MYTraffic...Could Be The Best...

Geof,If you can't wait for the MyTraffic editor to be released, you can use ttools (or AOM, which is what I used) to add the default ga traffic to MyTraffic.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

Sidney,Your suggestion is intriguing but I thought MyTraffic used a different process and wouldn't be affected by TTools. How do you do this more specifically? Thanks!David

hello.Project AI has done an excellent job in creating AI traffic for FS2002. I have installed nearly every repaint and airline autoinstaller they have with World AI scehedules. So far everything has worked fine and my virtual skies are filled with lots of American, South-American, Asian, European and African airlines. Why buy something you can get it for free ? Maybe if there wasnt PAI I would propably have bought My Traffic. Im not too happy with the aircraft paint quality My Traffic has (based on looking at screenshots) and I can find better painted ones from PAI pages for free. I also dont like the fact that My Traffic misplaces the planes eg. inside terminal, when using add-on sceneries like most of my major airports are. So far Im happy with Project AI planes and repaints and I'm not going to buy My Traffic. But the good point is that if you buy My Traffic you support Project AI. In my opinion Project AI is one of the best if not best freeware add-on for FS2002.Jani

Well, who knows,with the MY Traffic fund support, maybe more/all aircraft from PAI will be useable with MY Traffic. Those who wish to have the very easy install ( like me ) can choose My Traffic and those who have no problem with a bit more difficult install can go the PAI freeware. IMHO it is the best of both worlds concerning AI in FS2002.As for as GA aircraft being almost non-exsistant I really hope it will be corrected. I do fly mostly heavies, but do have a blast flying GA aircraft as well and enjoy seeing them at the local airports around where I live, but as GEOFA states: " Also any airport less than class "b" seems to have little if none ". I do feel the editorwill correct this.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind Regardshttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav700_banner.gif

Vl3MQY.png

>My whole reason for buying mytraffic was so I didn't have to >mess around with anything! :-lol You must be one of those weirdos who likes to spend their time FLYING instead of repainting the leaves on the trees. :) Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

The MyTraffic flight plans are stored in MyTraffic.bgl in the folder FS2002/Scenedb/MyTrafficATC/Scenery. MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THIS FILE AND ALSO YOUR FS2K2 TRAFFIC.BGL FILE. Then...1. Copy MyTraffic.bgl into the FS2002/Scenedb/ATC/Scenery folder.2. In FS2002/Scenedb/ATC/Scenery rename your existing traffic.bgl to something else and rename MyTraffic.bgl to traffic.bgl.3. Use ttools as you normally would to make changes to traffic.bgl.4. When you're done, rename traffic.bgl back to MyTraffic.bgl and copy it back into FS2002/Scenedb/MyTrafficATC/Scenery, overwriting the older MyTraffic.bgl.5. Whatever you renamed your default traffic.bgl to, change it back to traffic.bgl.It's pretty simple as long as you remember which bgl file goes where. :)Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

My son and I both installed the demo and for some reason the radio guage on FS 737-400 bnecame corrupted and now can not change the freq. Has this happened to any one else? (His computer,too) I,ve tried copying over new guage file but it dosen,t fix it. Is there more traffic in the actual program then in the demo? If so ,I would probably buy it. Any ideas on how to fix short of reinstall of FS 2002? Thanks. Richard605

Everyone! Please disreguard my last post. After a little thought I installed My Traffic demo on my old computer to see if same problem. But it worked just fine,so I have no idea what corrupted radio gauge. I put the demo back on this computer hoping it would fixthe gauge,but it didn,t. I guess will start over and reinstall FS2002. Would like to hear more about My Traffic. Won,t be avaulable until Sunday or Monday so will check it then. Thanks and APOLOGIES to My Traffic people! Richard605