Sign in to follow this  

New ActiveCamera

Hey folks,It appears that the guys who did the awesome ActiveCamera add-on are "quiet"...Maybe a new version is comming?!? (maybe with the "lock position" feature, wich will allow us to fly using the same camera position we set on the ground)?!?Just dreaming...Arlei

How do you mean, "same camera position you set on the ground"? As it is now, you can go outside of the aircraft and then take off and watch/control your aircraft from standing in that one spot. They probably are working on their RW jobs/projects now, it is a great add on though!Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Well, lets just hope the best.Personally i fully support the authors and cannot thank them enough for their great, great addition to our hobby!Later

Guest Anticyclone

Arlei,Nevertheless the latest version was released 12 days ago. We are currently finishing the debugging phase of an upcoming FS add-on.Anyway Guillaume Darier (the guru of the programmation team) is curently upgrading Active Camera Pro to version 2.0. Release date will depend on our current tasks and free time (but do not expect anything before end November, perhaps later).It will be possible to save viewpoints in VC mode. So the user will be able to move the camera position anywhere, ie. back to a passenger seat (and have nice wing/engine(s) view if the aircraft features a passenger cabin). Since you can switch views during a video replay it can be funny if a video has been previously recorded. The view changes will be combined with 10 customizable shortcuts located in the .cfg file. While switching between the saved views you will have an amazing cinematic effect (the transition is very smooth and progressive, a bit as film directors do). This function will be compatible with all FS 2002 aircrafts featuring a virtual cockpit. Also there will be sounds when walking outside of the aircraft : steps, wind noise depending on the actual wind speed, breathing pilot and why not breathless simmer after running...We plan make a small installer in order to help beginners who have problems to handle files managing. Because the external view is not an original FS view, graphic problems will remain on locations having per default original FS tiles. That is one of the reasons why a lock on the wing in external view mode will probably have undesired graphic effects. So this view will not be possible on airborne aircrafts (sorry but no time enough to spy the scenery memory and hidden FS variables).This upgrade will be downloadable in the AVSIM File library the same day of the release.Serge, www.anticyclone.be

Serge,That sounds great. I look forward to it. I love the program and use it on every flight I make in an aircraft that has a VC.Thanks for a great addonmaxsdad

Guest jase439

If I might make a feature request: It would be helpful to have some control over the camera's refresh rate. This is in regard to the "trembling" that occurs when the head latency settings are enabled. I love this effect! However, for us high end users, we invested alot of $ into our hardware so that we can have a silky flight sim experience and many of us are not content to "dumb down" our frame rates below 20 to have this effect. I worked hard to get my frame rates ABOVE 20! *lol* It's a trade I'm not willing to make - even for 'head bobbing' ;-)

Thanks again for this EXCELLENT add-on. FS will not ever be the same again. The only small tiniest tiny little thingy I ask :-) please is a check box to allow the use of version 1.0 head bobbing. I liked more than the newer versions... :-):-):-):-)Cheers!--Daniel R. Careri