Sign in to follow this  

SF.260 paint kit problem...

On the SF-260_t2.psd file, the Left side, forward fuselage is not able to be painted. It looks like it was set as part of the detail layer so therefore I can't paint it. I thought I would point that out and maybe get a fix on that?

Hi Todd,Just in case Sean hasn't seen it, I'm forwarding your post to him. I have no idea why this is happening.Please be assured that we will investigate this problem and if we see the same thing will take immediate steps to correct it.Kind Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Thanks alot Rob. Hey, you remember when I reviewed your Learjet 35A for Fly! ? It's really great to hear from you :)

Where do I find this repaint kit? Not having much luck searching for it.thanks!

Guest Simicro

type "Marchetti" in the avsim libraryyou will even find a splash screen with the SF260tony

I don't think they have the paint kit on avsim. I think you have to contact them and ask for it. They require approval for folks to do repaints.

The paintkit is now available at Avsim library. We do like to look at the new paintjobs before they are released, but we want to encourage new liveries.Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

I have another question... I know you said you provide limited support but just double checking... am I supposed to flatten the image before saving it as a tga file? I get a totally silver aircraft so im thinking I did something wrong...

Hi Todd,You don't need to flatten the image before saving as a TGA, because Photoshop will automatically flatten the image when you save to TGA format.By "silver", do you mean the aircraft is completely reflective, and the colour scheme isn't showing up as a result? If that is the case, then it sounds like there may be a problem with the alpha channel in your PSD files. Have a look to make sure the alpha channel in your modified files is exactly the same as in the original paintkit files.If you keep having difficulties, email me with a screenshot of your SF.260 scheme in FS2002, and we'll go from there.Cheers,Sean MoloneyRealAir Simulations,http://www.realairsimulations.com

Guest JonP01

Wow. I didn't even know such a repaint kit even existed. Not that I have the talent to paint, but I'm really looking forward to some new liveries, as none of the default liveries really suit flying in Australia. Hopefully a certain Mr. Garry Smith might get his hands on the kit. Actually if Garry hasn't bought the aircraft I reckon he should be given one considering the outstanding repaints he continues to pump out.

Hi folks,Just a quick note for those interested -- the modified paintkit, which fixes the problem brought to my attention by Todd, is currently available in the Avsim Library. Do a search for "realair" and it will show up. The new file is called "sf260_repaint_kit_v1_1.zip". If the file you have already downloaded has that name, then you don't need to download the paintkit again.Cheers,Sean MoloneyRealAir Simulations,http://www.realairsimulations.com