Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Getting The 182S To Climb!

Correct..flightlevels start at 18000 (where Class A Airspace starts) but that doesn't stop you from saying you are at 18 thousand feet. FL110 would be 110,000 feet.Chris

Guest GrahamB

>FL110 would be 110,000 feet.No it wouldn't. It's 11,000'. FL1100 would be 110,000'. Altitudes are refered to as FL above the transition altitude, and become useable for flight at and above the transition level. In Canada and the US TA is always 18,000', however most of the world it is lower and varies among countries. So what's important is not 18000', it's QNH and QNE. Graham

Since our C182s is free, I am able to plug it shamelessly. It comes also with custom made metallic textures which make a nice diversion from the default textures (and you can use these as well with our flight model).Our C182s has MUCH smoother pitch control, more harmonised controls generally, and can SIDESLIP, which the default just cannot do. (Please note you must set flightmodel realism to maximum to achieve this.You'll find our version can climb well and keeps climbing far above the default without collapsing - though it does help to reduce mixture after about 3-4000 feet.Feedback welcome.You can download the C182s from www.realairsimulations.comRegards,Rob Young

Guest RobK

Rob,I've recently downloaded your C182S awhile ago and have flown it a few times since then. I have to say you did a great job on the flight model. The C182S flies very smooth, much better than the default flight dynamics. Like I mentioned in my reply above, I was able to get it to climb to 11,000 ft. without any problems and I could have climbed even higher. The metallic textures look pretty sharp too! :)Rob

First of all.Rob i haven't tried yours yet.So i'm defenitely not knocking it.I just climbed the default 182S to 17200 ft.Took a long time after 15000,i could only climb @200 fpmand after 16000 was down to 100 fpm.And no i didn't slew.Original,untweaked everything.Here's a couple shots.http://3db6f6ae11b7c8c6.jpghttp://3db6f6c812297658.jpg

Another little item to add is that there is a setting bug on the EGT gauge. The "u" key selects it and "+" and "-" increase and decrese it. It's a good way to watch your power output during higher altitude climbs.CF-AOA

Thanks for all your posts. I forgot to mention I am using the Realair 182. I had a problem with the rpm reading in reverse when using the prop control. It solved the problem for me. I just haven't tried higher than 5000ft or so till now. That's when I noticed the sluggish climb and stall. I'll try tweaking the mixture more and see if that helps. Sorry for causing such a stir with FL110. Regards, Tom :-wave