Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Contact Points for Mel's 747 with PSS FDE

Guest Lobaeux4

I've really enjoyed the PSS 747, but didn't fly it a whole lot. Now with MelJet, I'm flying the 747 about every third flight. This is such a great plane, and it marries up with the PSS panel so well, I'm flabbergasted.Thanks guys for the .cfg tips. Mine seems to work great, the cargo door not opening is the only problem. Can't wait to see the new .cfg Johan has helped with.Lobaeux

Thank you!!! Really look forward to fly a Meljet with PSS style of flight!!!

First off, looking forward to Mr. Dees new dynamics. They'll be a great addition to a fine aircraft. Now on to John above. You do not understand. DO NOT CHANGE THE CONTACT POINTS OR ENGINE LOCATIONS. They have nothing to do with how the aircraft flys. All you did above is change the locations of the engines. So now when your up above FL300, you'll be able to see how far off you are from the original locations, your contrails now might be coming out from ahead of the wing and engines or possibly 20ft outboard of the L or R wings, I don't know.If your gonna learn about flight dynamics, the only contact points you need to be concerned with are the 3 points for the gears, you adjust the height, fore-aft locations etc. The only other areas to be concerned with are the engine parameters (not locations) and weight and balance (station loads etc).If you play with the weight, in order to keep from crashing each time you load it, try practicing using the original "reference_datum_position". This is the point that the builder set in the model as the center of gravity and ALL ASPECTS of the aircraft are referenced to that one point. No matter how off it is from where it should be, THAT is where it all begins. Draw yourself a rectangle and anywhere within it, mark an X, now draw your wings and engines etc. The X is the reference point now to use in determining your measurements to the parts of the aircraft, the wingtip, the engines, the gears etc. Now draw little points within that rectangle along the length of it and these will represent you "stations". measure from that X to each station to give it the location and apply whatever weight to that one spot ad so on.About as simple as I could make it for you and others to understand simple/easy dynamics. I don't claim to be an expert in the field, I don't have the years of training required or the engineers degree to get it perfect, but I try hard. Set the engine locations back to where they were originally, look at the dynamics I posted in here and try them, it's a start. The dynamics are not perfect, but I have not experienced the engine surges that you are. I used autoland it it worked great except for the fianl flare. So my advice there would be right at reaching "minimums" disengage autopilot and set her down manually. 200ft off the runway, shouldn't be difficult.Again, looking forward to Mr. Dees files, I'm sure that it will clear all of this up for everyone. And to MelJet, Great Aircraft!Mike BaumannUnited Sim Designs

All I did was to modified the Turbine Engine Data anduse the one that Mike is using as well as the Electrical section.The AutoThrottle is working perfect now.The contact points are the original ones from Mel's aircraft.cfgNo mods on this section. All this with the PSS FDEEd

Ed,post a copy of yor Aircraft.cfg, lets see what it looks like..ThanksTroy

Hi Ed,Would you be able to post your latest .cfg here? Sounds like you have found the "sweet spot" for this PSS/MelJet merge :)Thanks,Bruce.

Thanks Ed,I'll try this tonight.Thanks for sharing this,Bruce.

Guest flightpro08

I tried your edits Ed and I think you did a great job.. All works as it should with the PSS panel..

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2