Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Contact Points for Mel's 747 with PSS FDE

Hello everyone,I took figures from everywhere, including posts here, learning from what others have said about engine ratios and weight. I played around more with it, I came up with this aircraft.cfg to be used with the PSS airfile, version 3.5 (PSS-747.air). I've attached the SIngapore Airlines one, I'm sorry that if you don't really fly SQ, just change the label accordingly. Well the SQ B744 was my test bed :) I've managed to change the weight, from 450000lbs (204tonne) to 515000 (234 tonne) as ZFW. Wheels don't tend to lift off the ground (undercarraige) but set the trim correctly for rotation. Wheels don't sink at MTOW or very light weight. It's possible to have your own weights, from what I have tested, changing ZFW weight figues will not affect anything. Just change the desired figure in the empty weight section "empty_weight = 515000 // (pounds)", use PSS loadedit for reference.Gosta, whom I have been discussing this with for sometime, soemhow managed to have the aircraft make a wonderful autoland, touching down right on the 'box', holding the nose up for a smooth landing. I've played around with his figures and others' from forums and came up with this. But spoilers deploy automatically upon touchdwon (arm them first). I've got two problems though, when I bank left, the speedbrake extended warning comes up on the EICAS. But not when I turn right. Can anyone help? It would be great too if anyone can increase total fuel load to 175 from 169. But what from what I know, changing the fuel section can result in totally different aircraft behaviour. The next thing is, the cargo door can't open, only door 1L.Just thought of sharing this with everyone. And for those who don't know, Melvin is releasing the B744F very soon! We all look forward to the great aircraft and meanwhile let's thank Melvin for such a great aircraft and all the efforts he had put in for the aircraft and made available to us, the very first Gmax B747-400 other than the default one.Go ahead with criticsms on this airfile, I will try to look into it again. But that's the best I can do for now. Let me know what you think! Meanwhile, we look forward to johan's airfile!Cheers!alvin

I'm sorry guys, after all the typing, I forgot about what's the most important thing. I apologise! Here it is.

Thanks Jubilee777 for your efforts. Works really good, wish I could help out but aircraft design is not one of my strong points.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi guys,I'm still unable to solve the approach angle. The nose is still too high up. I guess that's the best I could doCheers!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but just wondering if it's normal to have the gears bouncing upon landing?Thanks!

Hi Alvin, I've got the approach angle sorted out, but the gear still bounces a bit on landing, especially during autoland. However, my ZFW is now 510,000 lbs, so it feels a bit heavier, and with a bit of practice you can avoid the bouncing when landing manually - start the flare at about 30ft and keep the nose at about 3 degrees, then you should be fine (it works well with the FMC reference speeds).Any feedback is appreciated - just copy and paste the attached text file into your aircraft.cfg after the aircraft entry (remember to have the PSS airfile in your aircraft folder and point the 'sim=' section to it).Cheers,Gosta.

Hi Gosta,Thanks for it, will try it out soon. Just wondering where do you alter the approach angle?Thanks!

Hi Alvin,that's a good question, it's somewhere in the aircraft geometry section, I believe. That's the beauty of trial and error, you try to fix something without success, but find a solution to a different problem along the way...BTW, Melvin has made the .cfg by Johan Dees available for download on his website - it's in the 747 downloads section.Cheers,Gosta.