Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

FSMeteo...Advice needed from users...2 questions...

Guest abent

I just completed a flight from CYQT to CYYZ using DF734 and FSMeteo.It was fantastic with the real winds and clouds. I have been playing around with settings in FSMeteo and FSUIPC. I've got the pressure changes working fairly smoothly. But I can't figure out how to get the cloud transitions to be smooth. I still go from say overcast to broken instantaneously. I set the cloud transition rate at max, 800 I believe, but there is no change - still instant changes. I read that by adjusting this you could get the clouds to change over a period of time. Doesn't seem to work at all for me. So, my first question: Has anyone figured out a way to make these transitions smooth?Secondly, when I try to download weather to then use offline, I don't seem to get any data downloaded. I just get these 0 Kb metar files. So I cannot make it work off line. Anyone have any ideas?I spoke to Marc via email and he said to send him a log from FSMeteo and FSUIPC. I haven't done this yet, I just wanted to see if I could figure it out before going back to him. I'm sure he's busy so I'd rather refer to him as a last resort - leave him time to keep working on this awesome program.Thanks,Adam:-)

The clouds transition SHOULD be addressed by FSUIPC. Open it up and go to the Visibility tab. There should be a tick-box labelled "smooth visibility changes every ...." with another box with a user-configured value for the "10% change every ... secs" that defaults to 2s. This works for me.For FSMeteo, I always download the weather and use it off-line. This is what I do:1) Open FSMeteo2) Go to Preferences, and under Network Settings tick "Download Weather Without FS and Exit"3) Close Preferences box4) Select "Get World WX & stay offline"5) A small box will then appear where you enter the datecode6) Download the data, after which FSMeteo will close7) Start FSMeteo again8) Select "Use Downloaded Weather"On occasions, if FS2002 is already running I get an error message about the latest data files, so I tend to download weather before starting FS2002. In this case, starting FS2002 would occur after step 6.Edit:I don't bother with the specific FSMeteo dial-up option, as it works perfectly well with my default dial-up. If you've created a special FSMeteo dial-up, this might explain your problem. If necessary, go into FSMeteo's Preferences screen, and tick the "Disable FSMeteo Dialup" box, which will force FSMeteo to use your normal dial-up.

Guest abent

Thanks Alastair,I will follow your directions. I saw the visibility setting, just didn't figure it would have anything to do with clouds.I'll give the download procedure a go as well.Adam