Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Pitch problem - Ariane GMAX B733

Guest GrantM

I am having an awful problem..unable to control pitch on takeoff either handflying or AP; aircraft wants to do its own thing. VS is only set to +2000. Pitch is set before TO. However, pitch is so extreme right after takeoff that it stalls aircraft every time. Very frustrating. Anyone else having this problem? Appreciate any advice.Grant

I did but I trim her down and hand fly her up to above 10k and set up the AP no problem here after 8 flights with the great plane and the DF 737 panel :)Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

John is right. The trim on this plane is super sensitive. It's even more pronounced on the 400 series. Trim it down before taking off.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest GrantM

Trim is considerable and unrealistic. Unacceptable. Beautiful textures, bad model. In a way, a bit dissappointed I spent money on this. Oh well, live and learn, beauty is only skin deep. Thanks for sharing your experience.Grant

Grant a few minor issues IMHO with the trim but as Lee and myself stated is easily fixed thus allowing many hours of flying enjoyment. I have yet to ever see a perfect airfile in FS payware of commercial. Adjusting the trim take a second to do and then you are good to go hand flying or engaging the AP after T/O. Something this minor will not stop me from purchasing the rest of the UA fleet when released. Oh well I am on yet another United flight in the FS skies :)Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Grant try this... going into your aircraft.cfg file then scroll down to the contact points section. If you look down a litte you should see some like static_pitch= whatever the number is. You should try putting it to 0.000 or tweak it to your tastes. Good luck.P.S. when you close your .cfg file after editing it make sure you save your changes ;)

Guest GrantM

The static_pitch was already set to 0.000. But I found pitch_takeoff_ga=8. I adjusted this to "2" and now everything works beautifully. No ridiculously steep pitch on takeoff anymore.Grant

One of the problems was in the autopilot settings-pitch_takeoff_ga=8;8 is fine, but remove the ";". its the original problems that started when 2k2 was released. In my case it still had a sever pitch and control problem and the end result was my rewriting the airfile with parameters from another trusted 737 file and now it flys like a dream. For fear of getting in severe trouble, I can't say whose file I used as reference. All I can say is in the airfile, you need to change the parameters in the autopilot settings and it'll be better.Mike BaumannUnited Sim Designs

Instead of messing with static pitch, try changing the value for elevator_trim_effectiveness= to something less than 1.0. It sould be under (flight tuning). If such a section doesn't exist, do it in FSEdit. Haven't tried this with the Ariane 737 yet, but it should make trim less jolty, though you'll still have to trim down a bit manually on takeoff.Misha